GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR Fast Road Mounts Fitted OMG!

thezoneR32

Ready to race!
Recently had all 3 “Fast Road” mounts fitted to my R32. This is THE most significant handling mod I have done yet. Steering response is precise, turn in is crisp and direct, understeer has completely gone, it’s like the front end is now at one with the steering wheel, reacting with precision to every touch of the wheel. There is a little vibration at some revs but nothing you would call drastic. The only comment I would make is, if you have an aggressive exhaust it will become much more aggressive. I have a Milltek with a Magnaflow hotdog style resonator and under hard acceleration the note comes thru the cabin pretty fiercely, its like I’ve got my own NASCAR, I love it! All other handling mods I have done so far (HPA KW SHS - Haldex gen2 - H&R sways) were insignificant compared to this. It makes sense that securing that huge lump of metal in the front end to the chassis is gonna change the cars ability to change direction quickly.

All I can say is, if you’re serious about the handling of your car, this has to be done.

http://volkswagenracing.co.uk/Tuning%20General%20Pages/Engine%20Mounts%20Overview.html

Last edited:

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Glad you like the mounts. However saying that all understeer has gone because of the mounts in a fat, nose heavy vehicle like this when coilovers, H&R sways & Haldex Gen 2 were "insignificant" modifications defies logic. Seriously.

thezoneR32

Ready to race!
Glad you like the mounts. However saying that all understeer has gone because of the mounts in a fat, nose heavy vehicle like this when coilovers, H&R sways & Haldex Gen 2 were "insignificant" modifications defies logic. Seriously.

trust me, this is the first mod I should have done not the last.

Did you get them from volkswagenracing? How much for the parts and shipping?

Not cheap, about $1300 + fitting got them from rennenhaus the only oz distributor of VWR products. If you know someone in UK get them to order them direct and cut out the middle man.