GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW won't make R32 Anymore?

Renegade

Ready to race!
Car(s)
TR '10. dsg. Bahn
So i took my GTI to have it wash. While i waited i talked to the sales agent and told me VW won't make the R32. I'm surprised. Do any of you knows anything about that? :thumbdown:

'09 BMP GTI :wub:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps with the MKVI they'll stop making the R32, and put something else in it's place or nothing at all. I doubt they make much if any money with the R32.

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
The Golf MkVI is just coming out. No definitive word yet on what the new GTI or especially the Golf based R will be. But, yeah, they did stop production of the VR 3.2L engine.

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Yeah, kind of old news but the rumor is the R32 will be replaced by a "GTI-R" with the rollout of the MKVI -- it would maintain the AWD but take the 265hp turbo'd engine from the current TT. Comparable power and the better mpg of a turbo versus that a 6 cylinder -- It's a wonder they didn't do it earlier. But again, this is all rumors circling the web until VW opens up.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I would love to have the $$$ to buy a GTI-R when it comes out... but i have a feeling I'll be with the MKV for awhile yet, not that I am complaining. I just miss AWD.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
um, thats why its called "limited edition" 1 of 5000. Eventually, they have to stop making them.

DooMMAsteR

native German
europe also got the r32 with a manual transmission...but the US didn't...so it is unlikely that the manual will make it to the US
there are also rumors, that the fastest MKVI (r25) might get a 2.5L 5inline with about 270hp (charged)
but as said, all rumors and defenetly not before fall or winter 2009
the normal GTI will be presented at the Paris car saloon in ¿november?

blackmarss

FENGSHUI MASTER
Car(s)
09' GTI
VW will make another one maybe after several years...