GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW speciality repair (clutch)

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Any recommendations for a shop in MA? I’m near nashua NH. I'm getting a southbend stage 3 daily kit installed on my MK7 GTI. Was wondering if anyone has good experience with a specific shop that’s going to do the job right.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Hit up a few shops today. Here are the ones I have in mind right now that seem like they do this exact job routinely. Looking at Euro Design (Leominster), Auto Engineering (Lexington), and Zaks Auto (Hudson, NH). Auto Engineering is booked out until February so I'll most likely go with one of the other two, unless anyone has another shop in mind.

ZachMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 6MT
I would reach out to Manchester Foreign Auto, they do great work and pricing is really fair. It's the only shop I bring my car to.

gahbageked

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI
MA resident here. I'm a big fan of Farley over at EuroTech Motorsports in Natick. I found out about him from the local BMW community. He does top-notch work at very reasonable prices. It's a small shop so he tends to be booked out a few weeks. There is also a great VW/Audi shop in Waltham called RayTeam automotive. Frank and the team are the absolute best. He was my go-to for years but is very pricey compared to EuroTech.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Thanks everyone. Ended up going through Bahnsport Performance in East Bridgewater MA. VW/euro specialty shop vibe. Dropped it off at night, and the thing was ready next day. They seemed like experts and got the job done super fast. Can’t complain.

BrianB1993

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S 6MT
I’m literally doing same thing this week on 7th of April . South bend stage 3 daily. But going to a shop in Lexington Ma that was recommended on here. Originally I booked with Rayteam auto in Waltham but I also need an alignment since I just threw my coil overs on and ray team doesn’t offer alignments :/ so booked and ready for Lexington! Can’t wait. How you liking the clutch? I’m so excited have 13k miles on the car but clutch cannot hold Sneeky’s FBO map. Never even launched the car yet ever barley ever get into boost since tuning so this is very exciting to finally be let freeeeeeee

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
I’m literally doing same thing this week on 7th of April . South bend stage 3 daily. But going to a shop in Lexington Ma that was recommended on here. Originally I booked with Rayteam auto in Waltham but I also need an alignment since I just threw my coil overs on and ray team doesn’t offer alignments :/ so booked and ready for Lexington! Can’t wait. How you liking the clutch? I’m so excited have 13k miles on the car but clutch cannot hold Sneeky’s FBO map. Never even launched the car yet ever barley ever get into boost since tuning so this is very exciting to finally be let freeeeeeee
Happy to hear you found your shop. For the SB stage 3 daily, it’s just amazing. Same experience here - stock clutch couldn’t hold the EQT stage 2, so that was the motivation to upgrade. It was my first ever clutch upgrade so i took my time with Break in, which sucked. Did a couple super long trips of stop and go driving to really break it in. Car drives perfectly now and just feels right. It’s been three months so far with it.

And I’m definitely jealous of your coilovers.

let us know how it goes

BrianB1993

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S 6MT
Happy to hear you found your shop. For the SB stage 3 daily, it’s just amazing. Same experience here - stock clutch couldn’t hold the EQT stage 2, so that was the motivation to upgrade. It was my first ever clutch upgrade so i took my time with Break in, which sucked. Did a couple super long trips of stop and go driving to really break it in. Car drives perfectly now and just feels right. It’s been three months so far with it.

And I’m definitely jealous of your coilovers.

let us know how it goes
just got the car back and OMG lmao the difference in pedal feel is INSANE! i know it will soften up a bit over time but god damn i was laughing when i got in lolol. I absolutely love the way it drives only 7 miles in on my break in period. The tech told me 1500 miles i should take it easy.. I do about 40 a day to and from work. Cant wait for the break in to be over and really feel the tunes i have from sneeky and EQT. and launch the car for the first time lol. But so far so good! i barley have any chatter at all i couldnt really tell a difference. First gear does slightly sound different but nothing crazy i run Loaders and excavators all day at work so its super quite to what im used too at work. So happy i went with SB stage 3. The shop i went to was awesome! Auto Engineering in Lexington. Was super clean and they had about 4-5 other GTIs in the lot that were getting work done.. inside they had an amazing Porsche and a couple R8s and many other beautiful cars! and a week in on my Coilovers and i love them! feel amazing! im not all the way lowered have about an inch or so left of threads

Attachments

• GTI.jpeg
    GTI.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
Any recommendations for a shop in MA? I’m near nashua NH. I'm getting a southbend stage 3 daily kit installed on my MK7 GTI. Was wondering if anyone has good experience with a specific shop that’s going to do the job right.

The absolute best VW mechanic in MA is Keith Harley at KMH Motors in Methuen. Yes, it may be a small hike getting there. But Keith is just terrific.