GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW ROAD TIRE HAZARD PROGRAM

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
Fact: It is known that the stock all season Dunlop tires that comes with the R32 is not the best tire. I've discovered two bubbles on the passenger side front and rear tires! that sucks. I've purchase the VW ROAD TIRE HAZARD PROGRAM. I'm hoping if i take it to the dealer will they honor the road tire hazard program and replace the tires? Have any of fellow VDub owner's use the program?
Thanks!

MisterDuck

Ready to race!
Fact: It is known that the stock all season Dunlop tires that comes with the R32 is not the best tire. I've discovered two bubbles on the passenger side front and rear tires! that sucks. I've purchase the VW ROAD TIRE HAZARD PROGRAM. I'm hoping if i take it to the dealer will they honor the road tire hazard program and replace the tires? Have any of fellow VDub owner's use the program?
Thanks!

I've used it twice on my GTI. Once for a bubble, they replaced the tire. Once for a pothole that gave me a flat.

Both times I was covered, but I got charged for the wheel weights (something insane like 2 bucks). Don't know why it doesn't cover that.

Be warned, if it is the same thing I have, it's not from VW but a 3rd party. Make sure you have all the documentation and insist they call in a claim ASAP so they can get to work. Also, the place isn't open on weekends so no claims or work on Saturdays.

Edit: Found the document, the third party company is Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. I bought the warranty from the dealer at time of purchase but it's still 3rd party.

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
I've used it twice on my GTI. Once for a bubble, they replaced the tire. Once for a pothole that gave me a flat.

Both times I was covered, but I got charged for the wheel weights (something insane like 2 bucks). Don't know why it doesn't cover that.

Be warned, if it is the same thing I have, it's not from VW but a 3rd party. Make sure you have all the documentation and insist they call in a claim ASAP so they can get to work. Also, the place isn't open on weekends so no claims or work on Saturdays.

Edit: Found the document, the third party company is Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. I bought the warranty from the dealer at time of purchase but it's still 3rd party.

Good to hear it worked for you. They didnt give you a hard time? I believe i have it through VW. Did you go to a third party to get it fixed?

MisterDuck

Ready to race!
Good to hear it worked for you. They didnt give you a hard time? I believe i have it through VW. Did you go to a third party to get it fixed?

No, I did it through the dealer as that is where I got the car and the warranty. My dealer has always been fine with it, if they gave them a hard time I don't know since they took care of the whole claim side of things. I just dropped it off as I normally would for service, brought the documentation and picked it up when it was all done.

Considering each tire was about 190 bucks and there are labor/other fees each time, I am already ahead on the warranty price, which was 300 for 5 years/$5k. Although now that I am ahead I am considering better tires, warranty be damned.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
OP; you got the warranty through the dealer so they ought to honor it fine, just take it in. If they give you any issues; I have a OE Dunlop A/S for sale I can ship you pretty cheap :biggrin:

Whatever you replace them with; on any 40 series tire always by the road hazard warranty (tire rack and Discount Tire Direct both offer it)

It has saved me thousands in tire replacements :thumbsup:

jfabes

we bought it and used it once so far on the oem conti's w/no issues - had a very slow leak from a nail on the rounded part fo the sidewall that couldn't be fixed.

the only two stipulations the SA gave me were:

1) if the tread was below the tread wear indicators, the road hazard programs will not replace the tire as they feel you should buy a new tire anyway

2) the tire has to be unrepairable - if it's repairable, then they won't repalce it

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
Okay so i took it into the dealer and they wrote up the claim as "slow leak". Its covered so i dont mind what they write as along as its covered and no coming from my pockets. These tires aint cheap especially not at the dealer!

MACH GTI

Ready to race!
UPDATE:

The dealer covered the replacements under VW Road Hazard Tire Program. They were going to replaced it with the stock Dunlop but after hearing all the rave and reviews about the Conti's ExtremeContact DWS. I requested to have those installed instead. The tires seems like its softier on the rubber. So far the fine..we'll see how it lives up to the reviews. And damn the dealer charges $200 per tire. It cost $126 per tire.