GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW love the car-Hate the website

dmclone

Oval Champion
Is it just me or does VW have the worst website of any car manufactuer?

Here are just a few examples:

The accessories pages- Why can't I choose what year my GTI is and have it only show those products. You really can't tell what will work for the MK5. Sometimes it says 99+ but that doesn't mean it will work for the MK5. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

VW credit- Why can't I see any information about my loan? Every bank in the world is now online. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just ell me how much I owe, last payment made, etc.

Service-This isn't as big of one for me but when I had my Honda they had an area where you could log in and get all the information about your car based on the VIN. You could also log everytime you had the car serviced/cost/where. It would also show you things like your owners manual so you didn't have to search all around for it.

I do like certain parts of their web site like the ability to build and price out the exact model, screen savers, etc but some of these other problems are just basic stuff they should have in place.

EMB145Driver

Ready to race!
I sent Driver Gear an email and asked about when the website would be updated for the MkV and they said soon. That was in late February when I bought the car, so who knows. I guess the name change to Rabbit probably has some bearing on the delayed website info.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
dmclone said:
VW credit- Why can't I see any information about my loan? Every bank in the world is now online. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just ell me how much I owe, last payment made, etc.

As this is most likely not a VW AG or VW USA owned or controlled company, would seem reasonable it not be part of the VW website. At least that makes sense to me.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I gotta agree with dmclone on most of his comments.. I really think they should improve the website.

I would appreciate even the ability to view my loan information, by whomever owns or controlls VW credit. I've already made payments, and I don't even recall there being an electronic form of payment available listed in the information that was sent to me.

AlEkZ

Ready to race!
dmclone said:
Is it just me or does VW have the worst website of any car manufactuer?

Here are just a few examples:

The accessories pages- Why can't I choose what year my GTI is and have it only show those products. You really can't tell what will work for the MK5. Sometimes it says 99+ but that doesn't mean it will work for the MK5. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Service-This isn't as big of one for me but when I had my Honda they had an area where you could log in and get all the information about your car based on the VIN. You could also log everytime you had the car serviced/cost/where. It would also show you things like your owners manual so you didn't have to search all around for it.

I do like certain parts of their web site like the ability to build and price out the exact model, screen savers, etc but some of these other problems are just basic stuff they should have in place.

I have a Honda ATV and they even have guides on how to do service to your quad., manuals, places to ride etc...its a pretty cool website the Honda one.