GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs. Z06

Travis

Ready to race!
well I was a little drunk but my sober cousin was driving and his grilfriend was in the back seat when a black Z06 (newer model) pulled up next to us on the highway and started toying with us, I dropped it into sport and told him to gun it, from 70 he put 3 car lengths on us but from 120-145 we stayed on him if not gained a little. We did 2 pulls from 70 to about 140 - 145 with the same results. He gave us a huge thumbs up as he exited and I did the same to him. Cool run, I thought I would have lost by more, iono he may have just been playin. Anyways fun night and im still a little drunk. :biggrin:

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
i think the new z06's speedometer needle moves faster than the needle on our rpm guage when its in neutral and you floor it.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
yea I think he was just playin wit me...

Yeah, definitely was. I saw an 03+ ZO6 with at least exhaust, maybe intake at the gas station. They're 405hp, not the 375 the 02's had. Anyways, I just left the gas station, just crusing around town. I'm getting ready to head back home when I see him pass me. He goes to a long straight country road. He's not even shifting hard and he's got like 10-15+ cars on me. I probably hit 120mph (wasn't looking) and I'm sure he was 160+mph. They run low to mid 12's stock. Sorry for stealing your post, but it was kind of related.:smile:

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
the brand new z06's run like low 11s stock, if it was one of those, he probably would have put a quarter mile on you in a race up to 100.
im sure he was playing

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
the brand new z06's run like low 11s stock, if it was one of those, he probably would have put a quarter mile on you in a race up to 100.
im sure he was playing

Yeah, if it was a new one.:respekt: I work at GM (yeah, the people always question the GTI) and I've seen both the C5 ZO6 and a couple of C6 ZO6's in. No, I didn't get to drive them, but man they're amazing. Too quiet with the baffle thing though. The one I was following was the C5 ZO6.

damo

Oval Newbie
im sure he was playing
Not that fast but very quick none the less:thumbsup:

Quote "The new Z06 arrived as a 2006 model in the third quarter of 2005. It has a 7.0 L (7,008 cc/427.6 in³) version of the small block engine codenamed LS7. Officially certified output is 505 hp (377 kW). Dave Hill, the chief engineer for the C6 Corvette, says that it is a much further departure from the standard Corvettes and more like the C6-R that GM is building for the American Le Mans Series. Its performance is similar to the Ford GT and the Dodge Viper SRT-10. Official performance figures indicate that the Z06 can reach 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds from a standing start in first gear. In the summer of 2005, GM and Corvette Racing driver Jan Magnussen brought the new Z06 to the Nürburgring in Germany. Magnussen drove the Z06 to a time of 7:42.99; few production cars have posted faster times. Car and Driver tested the Z06 in their December 2005 issue, recording a 0 to 60 mph time of 3.4 seconds and a standing quarter mile of 11.8 seconds at 125 mph."

Travis

Ready to race!
this wasnt a new one, maybe a 98-99 iono. This was from about 70-80 all the way till 140 - 145. Like I said, he imediatly put 4-5 cars without even trying, then after 120 we just kinda held. He must have been playin tho cause with that much power he could have been gone. I did give a thumbs up tho so he was a cool cat and it was a fun and scary race. My car feels way faster from the passenger seat.