GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs. MK IV R32

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I'm on the Sawgrass Xway. There's almost no traffic and there are 3 open lanes. I'm cruising at about 80 (65 zone) and I see a blue R32 ahead. He's in my lane and going about speed limit. I expected him to change lanes and let me pass but he stays put. I downshift to 4th, changed lanes and he starts to play. He's on my tail so I floor it and he floors it with me. He's not gaining on me! I was taken by it because I thought they could easily walk away from us.

There's traffic ahead so I tap/flash my brakes to warn him. Once we get passed traffic, I hear his engine scream so I downshift before he can pass me. He's on the lane beside me but can't pass me. I was even (very slightly) walking away from him! I couldn't believe it.

I flash my hazards and took my exit, still stunned that I just beat an R32. It has a power and torque advantage over the GTI, so I'm guessing it had to be mediocre shifting versus perfect shifting (DSG) :iono:

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
you raced on the sawgrass, probably the best place besides 595. nice work thought what color is your GTI so i know to look for you

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
disreguard that i just read your signnture, anyways if youre in the plantation or ft lauderdale beach area keep an eye out for my TR GTI

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
jerm5 said:
disreguard that i just read your signnture, anyways if youre in the plantation or ft lauderdale beach area keep an eye out for my TR GTI

Sure thing :thumbsup:

A few things that differentiate my GTI from others, or stock GTIs, in case you see me: H&R Sport springs, clear markers, de-badged front emblem, re-badged rear emblem (20th AE emblem).

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
jerm5 said:
you raced on the sawgrass, probably the best place besides 595. nice work thought what color is your GTI so i know to look for you

sawgrass between sunrise and the big curve is the best place to race IMO

or i75 south of 595...between 595 and like Griffin....those were some of my favorite places to race

i cant stand racing on 595....everytime i have raced on that damn road ive been pulled over

holy hell....i need to stop talking with u south florida peeps....u all are making me want to leave right now and go back home :frown: :laugh:

BTW...Auf nice race bro....wasnt there an R32 meet at Sawgrass mills tonight...could have sworn i saw it on the Tex

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
ohh shit haha i was just over there the other day in the mobile install place talkin to that guy dave, i had a lotus exige in there and they did some work. i noticed your car and i was like " oh shit hes got the 20th logo on his already?" ill have to stop in one day and get on the overhead mic and ask for a GTI driver.
-Josh

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
jerm5 said:
ohh shit haha i was just over there the other day in the mobile install place talkin to that guy dave, i had a lotus exige in there and they did some work. i noticed your car and i was like " oh shit hes got the 20th logo on his already?" ill have to stop in one day and get on the overhead mic and ask for a GTI driver.
-Josh

haha.. that's cool. I'm the senior over in Magnolia. Just ask for Shane.

EDIT: Wait, you have a Lotus Exige??!

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
its not mine, a friend of mine purchased it, and he knows nothing of cars so i maintain it and care for it, while he drives it

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
jerm5 said:
its not mine, a friend of mine purchased it, and he knows nothing of cars so i maintain it and care for it, while he drives it

Sounds like a good deal, if he lets you drive it. You have to take me out for a spin :burnrubber: