GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs Eclipse GT V6

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
We came out of a toll at the same time. I saw it play out way before it actually did. There was no traffic for at least a 1/4 mile ahead so I figured what the hell.

It was a white guy late 20's probably getting off from work. I just rolled out of the toll 1st gear to the usual 20mph or so. He looks over b/c I'm sure he heard the exhaust echo pulling away from the booth. While I was waiting in line to pay the toll I noticed this was a very clean looking 4th gen eclipse GT hardtop with an aftermarket exhaust, at least a cat back. Looked good regardless of how slow it is.

So anyway I shift to second and I can see him smile and stomp down on the gas (80% sure it was an Automatic). I think he thought he had a chance for a second. I stomped on it pretty much the exact same time. My tires spun a bit and I winded out 2nd gear till about 6k rpms. I looked over and he was around a 1/4 car behind my back bumper maybe a bit more as I shifted to third I watched him fade right off. Not like he was standing still but it was like the GTI slowly jogged away (powerwalk lol). By 80 or so going to shift into 4th the race was over and I wasa couple bus lengths ahead of him.

I got off it and he was still coming up fast. I was shocked when he didn't fly by but instead pulled up to my passenger window pointed at my whip and mouthed WOW! :facepalm:.. I smiled, laughed to myself and gave the :thumbsup: All in all I knew my car was quicker and he probably didn't stand a chance. Its a GTI after all :biggrin:. But it was fun nonetheless. I never get to drive like this. Figured I'd share. Mods in sig.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
We came out of a toll at the same time. I saw it play out way before it actually did. There was no traffic for at least a 1/4 mile ahead so I figured what the hell.

It was a white guy late 20's probably getting off from work. I just rolled out of the toll 1st gear to the usual 20mph or so. He looks over b/c I'm sure he heard the exhaust echo pulling away from the booth. While I was waiting in line to pay the toll I noticed this was a very clean looking 4th gen eclipse GT hardtop with an aftermarket exhaust, at least a cat back. Looked good regardless of how slow it is.

So anyway I shift to second and I can see him smile and stomp down on the gas (80% sure it was an Automatic). I think he thought he had a chance for a second. I stomped on it pretty much the exact same time. My tires spun a bit and I winded out 2nd gear till about 6k rpms. I looked over and he was around a 1/4 car behind my back bumper maybe a bit more as I shifted to third I watched him fade right off. Not like he was standing still but it was like the GTI slowly jogged away (powerwalk lol). By 80 or so going to shift into 4th the race was over and I wasa couple bus lengths ahead of him.

I got off it and he was still coming up fast. I was shocked when he didn't fly by but instead pulled up to my passenger window pointed at my whip and mouthed WOW! :facepalm:.. I smiled, laughed to myself and gave the :thumbsup: All in all I knew my car was quicker and he probably didn't stand a chance. Its a GTI after all :biggrin:. But it was fun nonetheless. I never get to drive like this. Figured I'd share. Mods in sig.

nice!:thumbsup: now get sunpass lol. also i see you got rid of your misfire issue, right?

BOz

Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
nice!:thumbsup: now get sunpass lol. also i see you got rid of your misfire issue, right?

haha but if I had a sunpass we would'nt of had such a good chance to line up at a slow roll.

And no I havent got rid of the misfire/fuelcut issue. It really starts to happen at 4k-4.5krpm in 4th gear at 90-100% load. Its like a jerky feeling. I have a shop working on figuring out how to log graphs using vag com :iono:. That way I can post them up here and get some feedback. No one else has been able to help me. They just blame the APR software. I really wanna drop my shit off at USP but live so far it would be impossible to drop the car off there, get home, and then get a ride back up there the next day or w/e.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
haha but if I had a sunpass we would'nt of had such a good chance to line up at a slow roll.

And no I havent got rid of the misfire/fuelcut issue. It really starts to happen at 4k-4.5krpm in 4th gear at 90-100% load. Its like a jerky feeling. I have a shop working on figuring out how to log graphs using vag com :iono:. That way I can post them up here and get some feedback. No one else has been able to help me. They just blame the APR software. I really wanna drop my shit off at USP but live so far it would be impossible to drop the car off there, get home, and then get a ride back up there the next day or w/e.

don't worry it ain't like i live close to USP either. it's a pretty long drive (about 35-45min with no traffic). im sure you don't need to leave it their for a whole day.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Would you have needed stage 2+ to beat one of those? J/C.

BOz

Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
don't worry it ain't like i live close to USP either. it's a pretty long drive (about 35-45min with no traffic). im sure you don't need to leave it their for a whole day.

yea dude they told me I would definitely need to drop it off so they can go through a bunch of test and shit. I'm sure there busy and It makes sense so they can take there time and check everything. Also It would cost like $90 for a diagnosis + whatever it would cost to fix. :frown:

Why haven't you been to a Watson isle meet? Details in sig!

BOz

Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
Would you have needed stage 2+ to beat one of those? J/C.

Kyle: :readthethread: that guy ate my shit. Hardtop GT V6 eclispe is no match for a basic stg 2 GTI. Plus I'm having some power issues.

BamaKID

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MkV
u have to antagonize them
i saw flames comin out of a tailpipe
after i fucked with a idk what had no badges or anything just gauges on inside i could see and it was flamin out of back after i was in lead and then he got some can of whoop ass and flew by me i was goin 120 so he had to be goin 130-140

kyle

Go Kart Champion
Kyle: :readthethread: that guy ate my shit. Hardtop GT V6 eclispe is no match for a basic stg 2 GTI. Plus I'm having some power issues.

Easy bro...That's the problem with internet correspondence...the subtleties of speech do not come through. I'm questioning if someone would even need as much power as you to beat an Eclipse GT.

BOz

Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
I wasnt trying to be a prick, I guess I didnt understand your question. That smiley is kind of aggressive I guess.

I would think stg. 1 GTI/GLI would have taken him.
the eclipse is 263hp/260tq at the crank, 3.6 v6 N/A, FWD and heavy.