GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Victorians, lend me your ears (Urgent Please)

Chico

Ready to race!
If you have ever purchased a car interstate and brought it back to Victoria, what steps need to be taken to register the car in Victoria?

I have a roadworthy certificate but it is from Queensland...does vic roads accept this or is another required from Victoria?

I assume the Queensland Plates are to be surrendered to Vic Roads?

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Very Grateful if you can.

adrianvicbar

I did it.... you need to make a booking at Mr Roads.. then turn up with the contract of sale and a victorian roadworthy. Also, the value you place on the rego is not necessarily the value you paid for the car, it is the value in VIC on registration... when i was there the girl told me it now has one extra owner so worth less - hint hint.. and wrote it down about $3000.

You are not obligated to do it asap, so check the value of rego in QLD - if it is more, then do it now and get refund from QLD. If it is less... wait until it is almost expired...

Just my two cents.. hope it helps..

EDIT - just realised you already own it.... scrap the comment about the contract of sale.....

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Folks are just going through this process with bringing their car back from WA.

NFI how they are going about it but I know dad has made an appointment at Vic Roads and they just change over the rego.

Will make some inquiries and find out.

Apparently, when you ring and make the booking they tell you everything you need and are pretty helpful.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Check whether if you buy a car in another state the car is still registered, I got caught out by buying a Victorian car and not being a Victorian resident, the car was then unlicensed.

Not good when you're hooning around WA for a couple of weeks none the wiser.