GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VIC - Winter Cruise in early July

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
My phone says it's going to be raining on Sunday... is that more reliable than the BoM?

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
The original Post has been updated....

Rain or shine, the cruise is still on. Like Chris noted, the drive is dictated by the weather condition. However, SAFETY and COURTESY must be of primary concerns and considerations.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
2 sleeps to go people.

I'd like to raise a few points for your consideration.

This is a cruise, not a race. The idea is to participate in a leisurely drive up to Kinglake via Gembrook and Healesville. Please be mindful and tolerant of other motorists, cyclists and pedestrians who have just as much right to be out and about as you.

The weather forecast for Kinglake is windy with rain. 90% chance of 5 - 10mm. Temperature - minimum 9 maximum 10. The roads will be wet...YOU MUST TAKE CARE. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for your actions. Sections of the Gembrook-Launching Place Road will be very slippery, As will the Chum Creek Road heading up to Toolangi. Please note, there are likely to be cyclists on the Gembrook-Launching Place Road.

There was a heavy Police presence when I did a test run a couple of weeks ago, including an unmarked Holden Maloo Ute. Make sure you adhere to the appropriate speed restrictions.

The wind chill factor at Kinglake will no doubt be rather high. Wear appropriate clothing. We don't want anyone getting a chill.

Finally, as always, make sure you're wearing clean undies just on the offchance that you get hit by a bus. Very important. :biggrin:

Let's have a good day, free of incidents.

Last edited:

buckets

Ready to race!
Finally, as always, make sure you're wearing clean undies just on the offchance that you get hit by a bus. Very important. :biggrin:

Let's have a good day, free of incidents.

I always figured that if I was hit by a bus, the undies would be full when they picked me up anyway Chris.....just saying....:lol:

V-VWMK-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
3-Door MkV Golf GTI
I'm down, anyone else bringing uhf radios? In past experience for other forum cruises, they tend to be very useful in the off chance you get separated from the group at a set of lights?

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I'm down, anyone else bringing uhf radios? In past experience for other forum cruises, they tend to be very useful in the off chance you get separated from the group at a set of lights?

I know of at least three participants who have one. I've got two actually. Might bring the second one along as well for someone else to borrow. :thumbsup:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Does our route go near the white rabbit brewery?

Unfortunately no. We turn off the Maroondah Highway just slightly before entering the main shopping strip of Healesville.

To keep to our timetable, bearing in mind that we have a table booked at the Kinglake Pub for arrival at approx. 12.15pm, we would need to leave Healesville by 11.45am. So, I guess if we were earlier enough, we could slip in to the Brewery. I think this would need to be discussed and a decision made at the departure point. Does that sound fair?