GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

verizon users help me out

chonface

does not have pink eye
i know there are alot of you on this site that have verizon smartphones...

I have had a lg dare for 3 years and did everything I wanted

It was my mp3 player when I ride
My web browser @ work
My camera
Blah blah blah

I qualify for an upgrade but wanted to wait for lte network to be up and those phones to be out..

But…….i decided to make my life really hard and drop it in the cuzzi last nite and apparently its not waterproof

: (

Now I need advice. Should I get a good 3g smartphone…some kinda droid….or buy a cheaper phone and use my upgrade later next year
Ive heard that those phones in the future and that network will be amazing but also ive heard these newest droids are amazing enough also…so what should I do damit haha

Thanks for any info

: )

Chris@RT

Banned
3 years with the same phone.. how do you do that?

Personally I'd upgrade now the current phones will be significantly faster that even stuff on the web at the same speeds will seem faster due to how the phone is able to process it. If you wait you run the risk of losing/breaking this phone pushing back when your next upgrade can be, getting it now means you may miss the early LTE phones/system but only by a few months probably. Let them work the bugs out, enjoy your new phone now, upgrade to lte capable phone when next upgrade is available.

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
known a few people (a few too many as I work in retail) who've had some weird shit happen with their droids. I'd get a cheap shitpile and get what you want when the new tech comes out or my understanding (and I'm probably wrong since I don't sell phones and never have) everything else will be non-compatible. I've also heard that the new generation of phones will all use sim cards so in theory there will be no network proprietary phones.

Scharf

Droid X makes the Dare look like a little girly phone.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
totally man! I've got a Moto Droid; and that's already miles ahead of an LG Dare, but the Droid X is light years beyond. :wink:

Because they haven't been updated yet, 2.2 will eventually roll out to all newer android phones.

You can of course put 2.2 on it yourself, it's super easy.

bonix

Ready to race!
if you do the "oh ill wait till better phone comes out" thing youll be waiting for eternity. just buy now and enjoy now. why wait?