GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Verizon iPhone

Chris@RT

Banned
2/10/11 my friends. REJOICE

If by friend you mean everyone on ATT then yes. I Can't wait for my speeds to double and everyone now on verizon start bitching about their slow network when suddenly half the us is checking facebook from their network and not mine :)

REJOICE I welcome the verizon iphone all you att whiners can now switch!

07Jetta2.5

Double Stuffed
Car(s)
09 GTi BMP

Lucidity

Marx
I don't see how this is a big deal considering Verizon just moved it's upgrade period to a minimum of 20 months and a newer Iphone will be launching only a few months after. It's a day late and a dollar short.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Ive been waiting for the iphone to come to verizon since it came out...

Chris@RT

Banned
I don't see how this is a big deal considering Verizon just moved it's upgrade period to a minimum of 20 months and a newer Iphone will be launching only a few months after. It's a day late and a dollar short.

ATT update period is ~18 months on a 24 month contract but if you have an iphone you can get a new one for the new contract price every year for the past 4 releases.. no reason to assume that would be any different on verizon since ATT seems to waive it for iphone buyers, no reason to assume it will be either just saying.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
rejoice?? the phones a piece of crap...

if you're on AT&T check out the Motorola Atrix an if you're on verizon look at the Motorola Bionic, HTC thunderbolt.

All 3 are 4G LTE phones, either fast speed single or dual core processors, huge amount of internal memory. The Bionic has these awesome docks so u can view and control your phone on your tv/computer/laptop..

Bionic
http://www.motorola.com/consumers/U...toid=6fc4227138bec210VgnVCM10000081bbb00aRCRD

Atrix
http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...d-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-ATRIX-US-EN

Thunderbolt
http://www.htc.com/us/products/thunderbolt-verizon

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
rejoice?? the phones a piece of crap...

Thats cool, go ahead and get those plastic phones that weigh as much as a credit card. The Iphone feels expensive in your hands. It also has the most fluid OS & best looking screen IMO. I dont get where your getting the "piece of crap" from....

Lucidity

Marx
ATT update period is ~18 months on a 24 month contract but if you have an iphone you can get a new one for the new contract price every year for the past 4 releases.. no reason to assume that would be any different on verizon since ATT seems to waive it for iphone buyers, no reason to assume it will be either just saying.

Verizon just changed that policy recently, so customers are no longer eligible for a discount after 12 months of service. I'm not saying it's set in stone that they won't try to match ATT, but it doesn't make much sense to change the policy a few days from making this announcement if that policy change wouldn't effect this phone.

http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Verizon+Changes+Warranty+Upgrade+Polices+/article20567.htm

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
If by friend you mean everyone on ATT then yes. I Can't wait for my speeds to double and everyone now on verizon start bitching about their slow network when suddenly half the us is checking facebook from their network and not mine :)

REJOICE I welcome the verizon iphone all you att whiners can now switch!

Verizon's Network is much larger than AT&Ts especially with 3G coverage, while there may be a slight drop in speed and such it won't be near what AT&T went and is still going through.

Thats cool, go ahead and get those plastic phones that weigh as much as a credit card. The Iphone feels expensive in your hands. It also has the most fluid OS & best looking screen IMO. I dont get where your getting the "piece of crap" from....

I enjoy a phone that the back can't shatter as well as the front if I drop it.

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI

X2, I love mine.

utekineir

Banned
Since AT&T went to 3G around here I've had no complaints. The last couple months of edge were so overloaded it was nearly useless other than that I can't complain.

People don't really get how nice phone+ data simultaneously is. Ever killed time online on phone while waiting for a phone call? Let alone the commercial uses.

Regardless, more competition = win for consumers.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Verizon just changed that policy recently, so customers are no longer eligible for a discount after 12 months of service. I'm not saying it's set in stone that they won't try to match ATT, but it doesn't make much sense to change the policy a few days from making this announcement if that policy change wouldn't effect this phone.

http://www.dailytech.com/Report+Verizon+Changes+Warranty+Upgrade+Polices+/article20567.htm

ugh, hope thats not the case. Back in december 2009 i used an annual upgrade to get the droid 1 right after it came out. I could have used it again this past december to get a droid x but i wanted to wait and see what new android phones are coming out. my NE2 is up in august according to verizons website