GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US, Euro Spec rear Bumper

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Hello Guys,

i own 09 GTI and I'm trying to find a rear bumper alternative to the oem....but I'm actually pretty much confused coz whenever I'm checking rear bumpers online they are categorized under US or Euro Spec...so Plz anyone could help me with what is the difference between both

themandillon

Bunny Hunting
Car(s)
'02 Gti 1.8t
if its anything like MKIV's. the euro-spec is shorter and needs european re-bar. eurospec also has the license plate recess for a european license plate.

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
if its anything like MKIV's. the euro-spec is shorter and needs european re-bar. eurospec also has the license plate recess for a european license plate.

The bumper itself isn't shorter, but does require the European re-bar due to the different number plate recess on it.

To the OP, the number plate recess is split in two halves, top and bottom. So if the rear apron is marked as European, it has the longer number plate recess and would require a European upper bumper.

For comparison, my old stock rear (US-Spec):

And my current rear (European-spec), pay attention to just the top. The rear apron is Abt:

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Thanks guys for the help...depending on the posted pics mine is Euro spec....so if i bought the oeittenger rear bumper or ABT what kind of quad exhaust system would fit??....and do you know guys any websites offering international shipping for Exhaust systems??