Urgent HELP with Multifunction Steering Wheel Retrofit

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
UPDATE :
I just finished with the retrofit..
It's quite easy DIY to do it..
1 1/2 hours were enough to do the whole swap of the module and the SW..

I did a thing different from the (the.ronin's) DIY : I removed the small tiny screw and I opened the lower cover of the module
Then i removed the circuit carefuly
Then with a flat head screwdriver unclipped the upper cover from the column..(it has two clips and when you press 'em it releases it)
Then the new module fits on column complete with its covers..
Then i 've put the tiny screw back..

The button's and the horn work normally but cruise control and power steering not...

This is because i 've no VAGCOM and i am waiting till tonight for a friend to come who has VAGCOM to align the Steering Angle Sensor so i can get Power Steering and Cruise control back..

Special thanks to maloosheck,the.ronin and Norbreck21a from uk-mkivs.net

Time to write my experience with the retrofit...
My car came with the full MFD, cruise control, and No multifunction Steering Wheel..

My stock steering column control module is : 1K0-953-549-AP

My stock slipring is :1K0-959-653-C

My stock airbag unit is : 1K0-990-201-CA

I bought airbag harness : 1K0-971-584-C

As near my area there's nobody with VAGCOM i took the car to the Dealer as they said they can do the swap. :frown:

Today they called and they said that my airbag unit wont let the steering column control module to be coded to work with the new steering wheel !! And i need to buy a new airbag p/n 1K0-880-201Q that is compatible with MFSW.. :eyebulge:
WTF are they talking about ??!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

UPDATE : Vagcom showed that i had 1K0-953-549-AP instead of 1K0-953-549-AK that dealer said.. That's the reason why was not taking the coding.. DAMN STEALERSHIPS...

Last edited:

angrybaker

banned
wat

rockstars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen GTI
Time to write my experience with the retrofit...
My car came with the full MFD, cruise control, and No multifunction Steering Wheel..

My stock steering column control module is : 1K0-953-549-AK

My stock slipring is :1K0-959-653-C

My stock airbag unit is : 1K0-990-201-CA

I bought airbag harness : 1K0-971-584-C

As near my area there's nobody with VAGCOM i took the car to the Dealer as they said they can do the swap. :frown:

Today they called and they said that my airbag unit wont let the steering column control module to be coded to work with the new steering wheel !! And i need to buy a new airbag p/n 1K0-880-201Q that is compatible with MFSW.. :eyebulge:
WTF are they talking about ??!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like to me that you also have to buy a new airbag. They are very delicate safety devices, you know, and any change you make to the steering wheel could require a different airbag.

Sounds like trial by fire, here. Buy the new airbag and quit being so pissy about it. You can't do anything about compatibility. It either is, or isn't compatible with whatever you have.

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
Sounds like to me that you also have to buy a new airbag. They are very delicate safety devices, you know, and any change you make to the steering wheel could require a different airbag.

Sounds like trial by fire, here. Buy the new airbag and quit being so pissy about it. You can't do anything about compatibility. It either is, or isn't compatible with whatever you have.

Fitted everything now, I m waiting till Saturday to visit a shop with VAGCOM to code it :wink:

Wolfgang Schnell

In case the encoding still doesn't work, you would need to buy the 'BK'-version of the steering module. This is the newest and works with all previous setups.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rfteam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW EOS
Yes i learned that after Vagcom 'ing my car.. I have the 1K0-953-549-AP module witch is midline..
Stealership said that i had 1K0-953-549-AK and i trusted 'em..

Last edited:

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Holy thread revival on my behalf, but I'm doing the MF retrofit and need to know if I can replace my SCCM 1K0-953-549-BC, SW 0070 with one that has a different software number, such as: 1K0-953-549-BK, SW0100/0101 ?

Should work, right? My car has cruise.

Holy thread revival on my behalf, but I'm doing the MF retrofit and need to know if I can replace my SCCM 1K0-953-549-BC, SW 0070 with one that has a different software number, such as: 1K0-953-549-BK, SW0100/0101 ?
Should work, right? My car has cruise.

Hi guys, I have the same question and i hope someone can answer me this question too...i installed a control module and everything works fine except the cruise control(i dont have a third stalk but the intergrated one). i want to upgrade the control module to a BK model...

thanks