GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

urgent: couple questions about these wheels!

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
I know I've been starting several threads (a couple) on this part of the forum, but I am wheel shopping and it's not easy! Well, here's the deal. I've been looking for new wheels for a while to upgrade to for my rabbit, and use the current ones (16'') for winter tires. But everything I liked was out of my price range, etc. Now I stumbled upon a great deal on a set of slightly used 17'' Fast Europa's. I have a couple questions, which can help with my decision on whether or not to get them.

link: http://fastwheels.ca/component/page...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,62/

1. Is it possible to add TPMS to tires? Like is it just a simple swap of the valve stems or does it involve more work?

2. As you can see, the wheels have a red stripe around. Since my rabbit is CW, it wouldn't work, so I would have to paint it. How easy is it to paint? Is it costly? If I were to paint it, should I go black or white?

3. Would these look good on a rabbit in your opinions? I think it would, but I'd like people's opinions.

Thanks!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
1. Is it possible to add TPMS to tires? Like is it just a simple swap of the valve stems or does it involve more work?
TMPS sensors are a snap to transfer from your stock wheels to your new ones. The place where I got my wheels mounted charged me $5 per wheel to move them over and they are universal.

2. As you can see, the wheels have a red stripe around. Since my rabbit is CW, it wouldn't work, so I would have to paint it. How easy is it to paint? Is it costly? If I were to paint it, should I go black or white?
I say keep the stripe, you have no idea how good that red stripe will look on your CW. :wink:

3. Would these look good on a rabbit in your opinions? I think it would, but I'd like people's opinions.
I think it would look good but as my English teacher would say, "Opinions are like belly buttons - everybody has one".

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Anyone with photoshop skills want to put these wheels on a CW 5 door rabbit?

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
if you want my opinion, that style is played out and overdone.

Thanks for your honesty, but to be honest I don't care if it's overdone or whatnot. I have never seen a rabbit with these type of wheels (or any aftermarket wheels) ever on the roads, so it would still be unique.

svt2mkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 Jetta
Raderwerks makes a wheel that looks identical to those called the MTEN-80. They make them in silver, but will paint or powdercoat them any color for you before they ship.

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Well, after seing my account balance this week, I decided to not upgrade wheels. Instead, I will keep my stock 16'' (I still think they look good), and get steelies for winter tires. I just can't afford to be spending too much on my rabbit; college is more important. So she will stay stock for the next couple years I guess :yikes: Even stock, I love the car to death :thumbsup:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
I have been looking for used for the past month... But everything I liked was close to $1000 or slightly more, and I just can't let myself spend that kind of money on the rabbit right now. I'll keep looking and if there's an amazing deal, then I'll jump on it.