GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UPsolute Stage 2+ Golf R vs UPsolute Tuned BMW E39 M5

djunited

Ready to race!

That M5 hooks really well with 275 Nittos in the rear.

Enjoy

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Strange result. According to this they do 14.1 at only 106 mph 1/4 stock because they weigh almost 4,000 lbs with just 400 hp. Torque to weight is even worse with only 369 ftlb. Do we know what's done to it because as far as I know to get any significant power out of it you need a S/C.

And on top of that I have to assume since you're talking about a stage 2+ Golf R tuned by UPsolute that has such strong tunes (right?), it's gotta have at least 370 hp and more torque than the M5. As far as drivetrain losses, Golf R is still ahead by quite a difference AND it's got DSG? :rolleyes:

Yeah In that race I know they went more than 1/4 but I have the impression that M5 was already barely ahead from the 1/4. Also, stage 2+ Golf R can't trap under 110 mph.

So we have a car that's faster in the 1/4, trapping higher, it's got better power to weight (both hp and torque) even with drivetrain in the equation, it's got DSG... something doesn't add up.. So, what's done to the M5 other than a tune on a N/A car? :smile:

djunited

Ready to race!
Strange result. According to this they do 14.1 at only 106 mph 1/4 stock because they weigh almost 4,000 lbs with just 400 hp. Torque to weight is even worse with only 369 ftlb. Do we know what's done to it because as far as I know to get any significant power out of it you need a S/C.

And on top of that I have to assume since you're talking about a stage 2+ Golf R tuned by UPsolute that has such strong tunes (right?), it's gotta have at least 370 hp and more torque than the M5. As far as drivetrain losses, Golf R is still ahead by quite a difference AND it's got DSG? :rolleyes:

Yeah In that race I know they went more than 1/4 but I have the impression that M5 was already barely ahead from the 1/4. Also, stage 2+ Golf R can't trap under 110 mph.

So we have a car that's faster in the 1/4, trapping higher, it's got better power to weight (both hp and torque) even with drivetrain in the equation, it's got DSG... something doesn't add up.. So, what's done to the M5 other than a tune on a N/A car? :smile:

This car is a freak.He has k&n filters which are not worth mentioning. Nothing done to the engine except a tune which made him gain 3 to 4 car lengths as compared before and after. He pulls jb4 335i by 3 cars. What do those trap? Now estimate how much he traps.

Edit: he puts bus lengths on a stage 2 mk6 trapping at least 105mph. So no way his does only 106.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I thought those cars were good for low 13s stock?

Tutti57

Ready to race!
And 540s were the low 14s.

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Maybe they do, according to this they do low 13's. I read different times and traps from one site to another, but fact of the matter is, a strong running stage 2+ Golf R will still be doing a whole second lower and trap higher. But in that video we watch the M5 basically walking the R right after traction was no longer an issue. The short lead the R got was due to AWD and then it was over, long before 1/4. It would make more sense if the R was running very conservative, making like 330 hp, but I thought UPsolute made strong tunes, especially for cars with stronger internals.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Interesting. Acceleration is slightly in favor of the Golf at the beginning. Maybe the M5 has better aero in addition to the slightly better power? Also, the M5's peak power is probably a little closer to redline, yeah?

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Nah, Golf just raced with 2 cylinders. Or the M5 has much more done to it.

PS there are no freak cars or magic mods and witchcraft. Something either works or it doesn't, sorry. :rolleyes:

queen

~Nassia~
Car(s)
Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk5
It makes no sense at all.

PS there are no freak cars or magic mods and witchcraft. Something either works or it doesn't, sorry. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I bet the R's dashboard was lit up like a Xmas tree.

So, either the M was stripped (don't think so) or either you or him aren't telling us everything.

I myself trapped about 106mph 1/4 mile (vbox) on a street with crap tires and about 380lbs driver and passenger.

djunited

Ready to race!

So you posted 2 links that were 3 mph apart in trap speed. There is nothing out of the ordinary here. His is a strong running M5 that i wouldnt doubt was trapping at least 109mph stock. Add a good tune and you have it trapping higher than a stage2+ R anyday. Dont forget this is the same R that ran neck and neck with a tuned 335i from a 2nd gear roll in my other thread,so all 4 cylinders working ;)

djunited

Ready to race!
It makes no sense at all.

Yeah, I bet the R's dashboard was lit up like a Xmas tree.

So, either the M was stripped (don't think so) or either you or him aren't telling us everything.

I myself trapped about 106mph 1/4 mile (vbox) on a street with crap tires and about 380lbs driver and passenger.

Forgot to mention the m5 owner took a shit before racing. Now you know everything.

djunited

Ready to race!
Btw, once the m5 puts a car length on the R, the R lets off and i cut the vid in case you missed that.

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
There is another explanation, Golf driver is a Sumo champion and counts for 3.

Come on OP, you realize what's going on here doesn't make sense. The same almighty R as you say that ran neck and neck with a tuned 335i can't beat a N/A car that weighs like south africa, I repeat a car with far worse power and torque to weight, may have a strong top end sure but what I see here is the R getting walked, no top end no nothing it gets a short AWD lead and then it's rape all the way.

My 2nd link mentions 109 mph 1/4 trap how much do you think your friend does? Remember stage 2+ Golf R is anywhere between 110 and 116 mph. So he does what.. 120+ ? :lol:

Btw, once the m5 puts a car length on the R, the R lets off and i cut the vid in case you missed that.
I didn't miss anything I'm talking way before he let off. When he let off it was already long after 1/4.

Last edited:

djunited

Ready to race!
There is another explanation, Golf driver is a Sumo champion and counts for 3.

Come on OP, you realize what's going on here doesn't make sense. The same almighty R as you say that ran neck and neck with a tuned 335i can't beat a N/A car that weighs like south africa, I repeat a car with far worse power and torque to weight, may have a strong top end sure but what I see here is the R getting walked, no top end no nothing it gets a short AWD lead and then it's rape all the way.

My 2nd link mentions 109 mph 1/4 trap how much do you think your friend does? Remember stage 2+ Golf R is anywhere between 110 and 116 mph. So he does what.. 120+ ? :lol:

I didn't miss anything I'm talking way before he let off. When he let off it was already long after 1/4.

Where the hell are you getting 110-116mph for a stage 2+ R lol. Check over at the mk6 forums. You realize a strong running k04 tsi traps 112? A stage 2+ R wont trap higher than 110. So again, nothing out of the ordinary here.