GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Un-friggin'-believeable...

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße
Well, some of you no doubt saw my thread about the roofing adhesive getting sprayed all over my car like a giant web. It etched the windscreen, meant no small job in saving the paint and having the shield and all the grills replaced. The job was finally completed two weeks ago after having a POS Guardian windscreen, that my insurance company originally spec'd, replaced due to the lousy quality.

So, two weeks on and this morning I've had some mother-@#$%^&!! smash the front passenger's side window out of my car! Shit everywhere and the B-pillar trim and gasket have been damaged. I took the car to a Safe-Lite shop ~90 miles away since they could get me in today and were the closest that actually had the glass in stock. Or at least so we thought...

Turns out that the contour at the top of the glass didn't match the door. They had more than one, and they were all the same. Had one of their field installers pick up a Saint Gobain Sekurit (OEM supplier) window and bring it from ~45 minutes away. It didn't fit either! They all leave gaps near the mirror, as well as at the B-pillar. They've now had a local VW dealer order a window direct from Volkswagen in the hopes that this will fit properly. No one has any idea why the multiple examples on hand won't fit. All the part numbers match up, but no joy.

Kudos to the folks at Safe-Lite as they were great about trying to get the glass taken care of. They put the Saint Gobain Sekurit glass in the car so that there would at least be something there until the VW glass comes in. With any luck it'll be in on either Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The guys were very apologetic about not being able to take care of it promptly, but hey, things are what they are.

Here are a few pics of the lovely sight I was greeted by this morning. Thanks for reading, I needed to vent. I'll admit that I'd rather greet the scumbag with a sledgehammer, though...

P.S.: Sorry for the massive photos, it's just what came straight off my G1.

Attachments

• 20090918114547.jpg
    20090918114547.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 980
  • 20090918114609.jpg
    20090918114609.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 966
  • 20090918130244.jpg
    20090918130244.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 965
  • 20090918114822.jpg
    20090918114822.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 982

slanky

Ready to race!
wow, that is some shitty luck. you should move.

Traction

Ready to race!
Omg bro. That fucking sucks. I remember reading about the roofing adhesive all over your car like cum. Sucks a lot man... I hope you get that shit fixed next week like you plan to.

rs_hunter

wow, that is some shitty luck. you should move.

Hell, I've even had the corner of my garage run into by some jack@ss!!! Twice, in the last three years, no less...

Oh, I forgot to mention that my deductible pay-out over the last few weeks has been north of $700. I'm just lovin' this crap! I'm thinking of sleeping outside in one of my Eurovans with my Mossberg loaded with slugs. To hell with using rock salt...

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
I have done that ^

I had a jeep wrangler Sahara... prick cut my soft window and ripped out my stereo ... for a month after i got it fixed I slept on my porch (out of sight) and waited... sure enough they came back when I had a friend dress like me and leave with another friend...had them turn off my lights like i normally do and act like it was business as usual...

turns out it was a neighbor who was watching my habits...prick teenager saw when i would leave or go to bed, wait an hour then strike ( it wasnt me alone but several neighbors being hit ) I caught him cutting my window a 2nd time and jumped up and grabbed him ( i knew his mother so i drug him across the street to his house ) and called the cops from his parents house - they had no idea what was going on and deep in his closet buried under clothes he was selling stolen stereos to friends and using the cash to buy weed.

His parents let the cops take him into a juvenile detential hall and they paid me back my deductibles and were very apologetic and promised it wouldnt happen again... i only lived there for another year but in that time it didnt happen again!

I would say a majority of the time its a neighbor who knows you and you know them!

Edit: the kid had a friend helping him as a lookout but when i jumpoed up and grabbed the neighbor kid as he sliced my window the friend took off like a bat out of hell ....he ended up in juvie too

Edit #2 If you want to catch someone in the act, install a webcam on your roof and have it motion activated to record to your PC ( you can even have it set to turn on a silent alarm in your bedroom quiet enough to wake you but not alert them) you can do this for pretty cheap and win the war! dont let these pricks get away with it...they keep doing it because they rarely get caught and even when they do its a slap on the wrist and they are back out...but at least DONT MAKE IT EASY ON THEM!

GOOD LUCK FINDING THE BASTARD RESPONSIBLE!!!

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom
His parents let the cops take him into a juvenile detential hall and they paid me back my deductibles and were very apologetic and promised it wouldnt happen again

/applaud those parents for making sure the prick had consequences.

Hey, rs hunter, sorry for the bad luck =(
Some people should die. That's just unconscious knowledge.

rs_hunter

GOOD LUCK FINDING THE BASTARD RESPONSIBLE!!!

Thanks. A neighbor was my first thought as well. I then found out that a number of others were hit, all for their GPS units, throughout the area. Now I'm not so sure, but I'd still love to get my hands (or my 12-gauge) on this SOB...

I know he's armed with a potentially deadly weapon, he likes to use a screwdriver.

Myfast_GTI

Super User
I've dealt with Safe-Lite in the past for windshield repair... top notch customer service and they were a pleasure to deal with. I'm glad to hear they treated you well. That sucks that some people have to go and fuck with other's property though.

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
Thanks. A neighbor was my first thought as well. I then found out that a number of others were hit, all for their GPS units, throughout the area. Now I'm not so sure, but I'd still love to get my hands (or my 12-gauge) on this SOB...

I know he's armed with a potentially deadly weapon, he likes to use a screwdriver.

12-gauge to the chest! haha... nah kidding aside, sorry Hunter. I hope things get better. maybe moving is a good idea...

rs_hunter

12-gauge to the chest! haha... nah kidding aside, sorry Hunter. I hope things get better. maybe moving is a good idea...

I'm trying to figure out how I can finance an island. Then I can chum the surrounding water for sharks...

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the condolences. I realized last night that the dirtbag had also got my MSN receiver, as I'd forgotten about it being integrated with the power-cord. That means I've got to notify the police and my insurance that the loss was more than I originally thought. Great! Oh well, just for kicks I sent location info to the GPS unit for all the local police departments.

Now I think I'll go cruise the pawn shops and see if my GPS has popped up...