GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ugly as hell BMW 1 series

Clempson13

Ready to race!
ew. that thing looks straight up station wagon not hatchback. any why wouldn't they use a touch screen interface. the million button design is kinda dead.

oh well i guess that's what you get when you buy the cheapest entry level a brand makes.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
any why wouldn't they use a touch screen interface. the million button design is kinda dead.

oh well i guess that's what you get when you buy the cheapest entry level a brand makes.

Not really. BMW seems to prefer the joystick (iDrive) and buttons over a touch screen. Even their new 5 is that way so it's more to do with their way of doing things vs price point. :)

P

plac

i liked the older 1 series body better. and i dont like that shape in a 1 series either. its the ambiguously gay duos vehicle in the cartoons. almost looks like a cock and balls.

herbert6368

Go Kart Champion
Then, which will you guys choose.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
the original. it looks more similar to the e46 era of styling. everything now just looks too bloated and chintzy to me now.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Not really. BMW seems to prefer the joystick (iDrive) and buttons over a touch screen. Even their new 5 is that way so it's more to do with their way of doing things vs price point. :)

agreed. I-drive is awesome.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
It's not too bad. The back looks ugly to me and I don't like the single exhaust tip, it looks "cheap" yes I said it, the back of this car makes it look cheap. Interior is nice front end is o.k. on a 10 rating scale this car would be a 4.8 just below average.

Looks crosseyed and confused about what it wants to be.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
agreed. I-drive is awesome.

What are you on about! ??? :confused:

Audi's MMI is way better, more cool, their dash is way better than the BMWs.... and above all it's a VW Group own product! :thumbup:

Check out the below:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/06/ces-2011-next-generation-mmi-coming-to-new-audi-a3/

Audi's always been a step ahead since the last few years. I've seen the BMW iDrive on the latest X6 and compared it on Vid to the MMI. MMI controls, touchpad with handwriting recognition, and the GUI are better any day!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
What are you on about! ??? :confused:

Audi's MMI is way better, more cool, their dash is way better than the BMWs.... and above all it's a VW Group own product! :thumbup:

Check out the below:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/06/ces-2011-next-generation-mmi-coming-to-new-audi-a3/

Audi's always been a step ahead since the last few years. I've seen the BMW iDrive on the latest X6 and compared it on Vid to the MMI. MMI controls, touchpad with handwriting recognition, and the GUI are better any day!

:iono::iono::yikes:

Uhhh.. I just said I liked it a lot, didn't say it was better than anything specifically, and yes, I've heard great things about the Audi version/similar setup.

You must be the Cyprus equivalent of a conservative Fox News host :lol:

RB06

Ready to race!
I think the current 1 series is a great looking car. As for this new one it looks like they are trying to take the size of the 1 series wagon and put o 7 series front end. BMW fail. On the other hand the new 1 series M is coming out very soon and is way sick. Have you guys seen this video? Ya the walls are fake but the car looks amazing.