GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyre advice please

Deco

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Went tyre shopin today. Bob Jane seemed to hav the best prices. My Qs is the guy was trying to sell me sum BobJane xenons cheaper than ku31s n was saying they r beta than the Kumho KU31s i was after jus a bob jane badgd bridgstone. Anyone has any advice?

He wuld giv me a price if i bought them n paid myself but couldnt giv me a price using my flwet card. No idea why? Is it because it wuld wrk out cheaper on the fleet discount n he was trying to make sun xtra $?

Thanks in advance.

mr_mocha

A couple of months back I changed my rears to KU31's to compare them to the stockies.

They are just as quiet as the Conti's and 1/3 the price. I don't really race my car, mainly city driving so they work for me.

Depends on your driving style and budget. If you want Kumho's cheap you cant beat St George Tyre's, look for them on ebay.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Hi All,

Went tyre shopin today. Bob Jane seemed to hav the best prices. My Qs is the guy was trying to sell me sum BobJane xenons cheaper than ku31s n was saying they r beta than the Kumho KU31s i was after jus a bob jane badgd bridgstone. Anyone has any advice?

He wuld giv me a price if i bought them n paid myself but couldnt giv me a price using my flwet card. No idea why? Is it because it wuld wrk out cheaper on the fleet discount n he was trying to make sun xtra $?

Thanks in advance.
that made my brain hurt! :frown: :bellyroll:

Deco

Ready to race!
Makes my brain hurt also.....thats why i need sum help. Guess wat i wana no is if any has used these bob jane xenons n are rhey rebadged bridgstones as the guy says.

Deco

Ready to race!
Cheers Triode12

Appreciate the help...thats all I was asking for...a bit of advice.
Read a few reviews online and the KU31s seem the way to go.

Got a decent price 4 Kumho KU31s fitted, balanced + front & rear wheel alignment...total cost $815. Tyrepower....hopefully they do a good job and don't scuff up my Denvers. Geeezzz I need some new rims.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Cheers Triode12

Appreciate the help...thats all I was asking for...a bit of advice.
Read a few reviews online and the KU31s seem the way to go.

Got a decent price 4 Kumho KU31s fitted, balanced + front & rear wheel alignment...total cost $815. Tyrepower....hopefully they do a good job and don't scuff up my Denvers. Geeezzz I need some new rims.

JAX tyres are having a special on Michelin PS3s for only $940 fitted ($235 ea).
For only a bit more you can get a lot better tyres.

Deco

Ready to race!
Unfortunately in Perth.....I got a similar price ($240ish) on Toyos n a bit more for Pirellis....for the price can't fault KU 31s

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
Man jump on tirerack.com! I just received my tires from there and saved an absolute fortune.. If you keep it under $1000.00 you'll not tax... Great time to take advantage of the exchange rate..

dave-

Passed Driver's Ed
Makes my brain hurt also.....thats why i need sum help.
Might get more help learning how to type english first. Seriously, that first post was impossible.

I haven't heard one good thing of Dunlops. This is over a span of 20 years.
Had them fitted to a few XR6T's from new and hated them. Night and day difference when they were replaced with various other equiv products from other companies.

So I wasn't overly impressed to find them fitted to my R. Would have much preferred Bridgestone or Continentals. Have even been tempted to try selling them and buying a new set of something else!

As for Bob Jane, that fat fuck and his merry men will try and sell you their made in china shit every time over anything else as they obviously have the best margins on their own product.