Ready to race!
one with my civic...

took this yesterday...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MBH

American Nightmare
Car(s)
03 Cobra &10 CC
very, very nice cars and photography! Spill the beans on your equipment! Your pics look sick! How did you get the sky to turn out like that, what PP did you use?

RIDE79

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, just trying out new things.:thumbsup:

As far as shooting gear, I really have none. I'm using a Canon XSI and the 18-55mm kit lens it came with. PP done in photoshop messing with every tool possible. I got the sky to look like that by making a layer and messing with color/saturation.

Jake...let's link up man, i'm sick and tired of shooting my car.

MBH

American Nightmare
Car(s)
03 Cobra &10 CC
Thanks guys, just trying out new things.:thumbsup:

As far as shooting gear, I really have none. I'm using a Canon XSI and the 18-55mm kit lens it came with. PP done in photoshop messing with every tool possible. I got the sky to look like that by making a layer and messing with color/saturation.

Jake...let's link up man, i'm sick and tired of shooting my car.

canon ftw! I had a rebel xt and just replaced it this winter with a 40D, and a good friend just got the rebel xs or xsi (I forget) and it takes damn near the same quality of my camera. I was thoroughly impressed!

Kit lens is pretty good now, esp with the addition of image stabilization. If you're looking for a good lens for cheap, take a look at the canon 50mm F1.8. Its a very clear lens, and can take what some people think is near L glass quality for ~$90 shipped. Its the cheapest canon lens I know of, and it totally outperforms other cheap lenses. only downside is its a prime lens, so not really flexible, and the bokeh isn't very good as its a 5 blade design (background blur can look more like pentagons rather than circles. If you're like me though, you probably don't like switching lenses. Whatever I go out to shoot with is generally what stays on the whole time. I bought mine with the 17-85 and love it. really good walk around lens. Also have a tamron 28-300, but its not nearly as sharp. Very compact for a 300mm and very versatile as well.

I gotta step my game up on photoshop though, I suck at it IMO. 99% of the time my PP just includes me having the program adjust curves to be auto & then changing it if I don't like it. Maybe add a hint of contrast, but that's about my limit most the time :lol:

RIDE79

Ready to race!
Thanks again guys!

In the beginning I really wanted a "better" camera and some L glass. But my photo skills are nonexistent, so i'd be throwing money away if I did that. I'm gonna stick with this body until I outgrow it, which will probably be never. I have the nifty-fifty but I hate using it to shoot the car cus i'd always have to back up really far to get everything i want in the shot.

What i've been looking into recently is the 580 flash and the 10-22mm glass.

MBH

American Nightmare
Car(s)
03 Cobra &10 CC
Thanks again guys!

In the beginning I really wanted a "better" camera and some L glass. But my photo skills are nonexistent, so i'd be throwing money away if I did that. I'm gonna stick with this body until I outgrow it, which will probably be never. I have the nifty-fifty but I hate using it to shoot the car cus i'd always have to back up really far to get everything i want in the shot.

What i've been looking into recently is the 580 flash and the 10-22mm glass.
the body is plenty good to be 100% honest, especially for posting pics on the net (I'm sure you use flickr instead of photobucket?)

I don't use the flash, if anything just bring a good flashlight, set the camera up on a tripod on delay set to shoot in raw & paint it with the light. Haven't done that personally yet, but I've seen some pretty good work that way.

Who makes the 10-22? Canon? How much? I'd put my money in a wide angle before anything else, but that's just me.

RIDE79

Ready to race!
Hmm..i've never heard of that flashlight method. I'm gonna have to try that.

Canon makes the 10-22 I want, but Sigma makes one too I think. Both are in the $500-600+ range, last I checked.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Hmm..i've never heard of that flashlight method. I'm gonna have to try that.

Canon makes the 10-22 I want, but Sigma makes one too I think. Both are in the $500-600+ range, last I checked.

Look into Tamron

I haven't taken photographs w/my Canon or Ricoh in years but most of my aftermarket lens have been Tamron....