GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Spool sound

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What mod can you do that will allow you to hear the turbo spool up during acceleration? I know an intake can do this but, do you then have the "roar" (for lack of a better word) of the intake overpower the spool up sound. Will a down pipe or turbo back free up the turbo and increase the spool up sound along with HP? I know that replacing the turbo with a larger one will do this but that is not something I want to do. This might be a stupid question but I love the sound of a turbo sucking in the air.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
well i cant really say what will give u that sound u want...and intake would prolly be the best bet for the sound tho

on a side note...when u hear cars with real big turbo kits on it and it hear that roaring/whooshing sound...thats actually the wastegate...most people dont know that...most think its the turbo...which it kinda is...but its all the boost building up in the wastegate...just alittle FYI...hehe

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Intake is all you're going to be able to do.

We were doing a TB exhaust on a 2.0T car the other day and we started it for a minute with NO exhahaust, and it had the turbo whistle.

So you can hear some spool through the intake, if it's not enough, have a custom down pipe made with nothing in it but a tube, and then have a strait pipe made with no mufflers to the back of the car. It'll be loud as a MF'er but you can hear the turbo spool... haha

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Thanks guys. Guess I am gonna buy a Evoms intake next week.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
or you can run open downpipe