GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo rebuild

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
Anyone know if a shop I can send my factory k03 turbo to to get upgraded internals? Mine is on it's way out :/

Car(s)
Subaru
I think there's some on the classifieds right now. Might be cheaper to pick one of them up depending on what the shop charges

Sent from my iPhone

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Im sure I have a couple lying around if you want one for that price. Just sold my stock one for that. Rebuild might require custom tuning but probably get little more power than stock turbo.

Red-Vader

Ready to race!
I think there's some on the classifieds right now. Might be cheaper to pick one of them up depending on what the shop charges

Sent from my iPhone

Well I really just like to send it somewhere and have it built. I heard that some shops can build like a hybrid k03/04 turbo from my stock k03. That's exactly what I want. Do u or anyone else know of a shop I can just send it too?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Try midwest turbo

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hyrbrid ko3 actually :) probably be something like a k16 compressor wheel ect. Dont waste your time going with ko3/ko4 hybrid if your doing it just go ko3/k16 maybe a nice billet turbine upgrade.

Last edited:

TSiUG

sleeper...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Might might be able to run a stage 2 tune with an mbc to limit boost. It depends on tune ect.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Why go custom K03 without a specific tune to support it. Best to go with the industry and existing proven development. The way to go is K04 which is really a factory option with many tunes to choose from that support specific mods. This is engine mod by the numbers and the gains are very big. This is about as easy as it gets with almost guaranteed results.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
Or talk to Eurodyne and see if they can make a base tune and revisions to get the most out of it. It's not gonna be a perfect process, but you'll likely see great results if everything works out.

$375 for the rebuild and $800 for the Maestro tuning suite is not bad. .dotuning may be able to do something for you if Eurodyne can't.

@GIACUser Why write something off just because it's not proven or super easy? We need more options around here. Do we want stagnation in the community? I know I don't.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Why go custom K03 without a specific tune to support it. Best to go with the industry and existing proven development. The way to go is K04 which is really a factory option with many tunes to choose from that support specific mods. This is engine mod by the numbers and the gains are very big. This is about as easy as it gets with almost guaranteed results.

negative, F23 before any K04!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Or talk to Eurodyne and see if they can make a base tune and revisions to get the most out of it. It's not gonna be a perfect process, but you'll likely see great results if everything works out.

$375 for the rebuild and $800 for the Maestro tuning suite is not bad. .dotuning may be able to do something for you if Eurodyne can't.

@GIACUser Why write something off just because it's not proven or super easy? We need more options around here. Do we want stagnation in the community? I know I don't.

I didn't write it off (say it was impossible). If experimentation and doing your own tuning (not for me) with Maestro is his goal then custom is a good way to satisfy that need as long as he is not looking for any guaranteed outcomes. Typically costs and efforts rise when you go out and try to do things like this on your own. Hey, not trying to stop him. However if his goal is to gain power with the fewest problems in the least amont of time, then K04 is an easy proven way to go.

Last edited: