GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

turbo lag in new gti

jdb4950

Drag Racing Champion
has anybody who owns the new golf gti notice any turbo lag in your car whether it's equipped with the 6-speed manual or the new 6-speed dsg automatic?

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
with the combination of a fast spooling turbo and torque which starts at 1800rpms, it makes turbo lag almost impossible to see. these turbo's are too small and spool too quick to have any lag

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
In a nut shell, turbo lag is the loss of power you feel while waiting for you turbo to spool up (build the power). It feels like your car is working very hard and not going anywhere, and then when you are in boost it takes off. That is the easiest I can put it, I hope that helps.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
If you have turbo lag there is sumthing wrong with your GTI. The 2.0 is lag free at all rpm ranges. Not many engines make more tourqe than horsepower.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
yes i understand what turbo lag is.... i was making a comment on its absense from the gti....

where the cactus of sarcasm when you need it?

there we go

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
jdb4950 said:
has anybody who owns the new golf gti notice any turbo lag in your car whether it's equipped with the 6-speed manual or the new 6-speed dsg automatic?

The professional road tests comment there is little/no turbo lag.