GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo + Chipped=??

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I searched and saw only one guy who claimed to have had a chip and a upgraded turbo. I was just wondering how much hp this would net you?:drool:

Soooooo many variables. It CAN net you a whole shitload, but it wouldn't be practical in any way, shape or form. Realistically, with the bolt on kits being offered now, and the ones that are in development, I'd estimate around 300 wheel or so.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
I'm chipped and with a K04 turbo by way of ABT. They claim around 270hp from this package.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
You were the one I was talking about. So with their chip you have "230 hp" and the turbo only adds "40hp" I was hoping to make a variation of a...

Chip
Turbo
Intake
TBE
Intercooler
Wastgate
Bov

For about 350-400whp.

unless you're going to do a 4wd conversion or at least a quaife as well...that much power in a FWD car is useless

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
that ko4 upgrade is really week, im sorry but for 4 thousand dollars...all you can add on top of the stage 2 is 30hp...

and once you get an upgraded turbo you HAVE to change your ecu, so if you buy a chip now...most likely it will be changed when you get a BT...so everyone that has a BT will always have a "chip"

Maseroche

Ready to race!
unless you're going to do a 4wd conversion or at least a quaife as well...that much power in a FWD car is useless

Couldn't have said it better myself. Unless you can put all that power down than it's a waste. The FWD platform is struggling enough with what I have and I can't imagine going over 300hp.

I always thought that everything in the car should complement each other. More power means stronger internals, stronger drivetrain, better suspension, better brakes, better everything just to be able to use all the power at hand.

You just can't change one variable in the formula and expect that everything else falls into place.

Maximum6

FASTER
ABT seems pretty balanced....with 270hp big enough for FWD for me that is, and all the parts you can buy to go along with it IN the same company.

KingMarineM16A4

Ready to race!
Why do I always hear that's useless to have that much power to the ground on a FWD car?

Have ya'll ever heard of SRT-4's, Cobalt SS's, Civics all in the 10-11 second 1/4? Not only that but from rolls. It is not useless so shut the hell up.

AlowisiousGTI

Ready to race!
It is useless to a point, and if you dont know how to drive.. That much power is hard to hook up. I have a Friend with a Turbo 12V VR6, he is pushing about 380+ to the front wheels, He has to really feather it alot in first and second. But on the highway... He is a BEAST!! That much horse power IS pointless on a FWD car unless you plan on upgrading your axles, CV joints, and all teh drive line components to handle that kind of power with a set of good sticky street slicks that can help get that power to the ground.. But, if your running all stock drive line components, and you ahve 300+ whp, It isnt entirely pointless, just mostly pointless.. lol

And why does everyone get so pissy and upset all the time.. Its not like we are arguing about religion or politics, Shit, its just cars, chill out.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Why do I always hear that's useless to have that much power to the ground on a FWD car?

Have ya'll ever heard of SRT-4's, Cobalt SS's, Civics all in the 10-11 second 1/4? Not only that but from rolls. It is not useless so shut the hell up.

The SRT .. and most of those quick civics are running limited slip differentials (with slicks). Thus the quaife comment.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006

You're not comparing equal cars. If you knew what it takes to make a "10 second" Civic, you wouldn't have said what you did above. And then on top of that, you start a new thread and ask a question and then tell people to "shut the hell up? I'm a little thrown off.:iono: