GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning Works Rear Upper Stress Bar Group Buy

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Car(s)
MKV GTI
After helping do protoype testing, Tuning Works is running a group buy for their Rear Upper Stress Bar.

The Tuning Works Rear Upper Stress Bar is a fully adjustable, no cutting, no
drilling, no tapping stress bar. This stressbar greatly decreases the body roll
found in the VW MK4/5/6 Hatches. The bar utalizes 2 holes in the rear seat
bracket and set screws to be held into place along with the tension when
tightening down the bar. The bar can be used with or without rear seats as well.

The bars are 1-1/2" diameter thick. as compared to the other bars on the market only at 7/8" diameter thick. The bars come in a raw, red, white, or black powdercoat finish. Custom colors come at an additional cost depending on desired finish.

Retail: $250 plus shipping

Group buy is as followed:

4-8 Bars: $225
9-14 Bars: $205
15+ Bars: $185

All prices exclude shipping.

Pre-order cost will be half of the cost.

Initial Group buy ends: 5/31

Please PM me if you are interested and would like to leave a deposit.

Last edited:

Softishman

Ready to race!
So the tension in the bar and the little set screw is holding it in place?! And you trust this with fitting your seat belt to it?! If you remove the rear seats, what more holds it in place? In a front collision the bar will be ripped forward with the load of your body multiply by the speed... (some equation)

Hope you can prove me wrong!

Cheers Fredrik

R32ooo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 R32
How much actual R&D went into this product?

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So the tension in the bar and the little set screw is holding it in place?! And you trust this with fitting your seat belt to it?! If you remove the rear seats, what more holds it in place? In a front collision the bar will be ripped forward with the load of your body multiply by the speed... (some equation)

Hope you can prove me wrong!

Cheers Fredrik

How much actual R&D went into this product?

The engineer that fabricated this has the equation but yes it holds. ive had the bar kicked and shaken by people that question it like you and it has not budged a millimeter.

there were about 4 different designs and over 6 months of R&D untill a final product was released.

PleaseEatSomeShit

1-900-RAT-FUCK
Car(s)
06 gti
Engineer of fisher price toys.

The amount of force generated by a "kick" is far less than the force generated by a car moving at 60+ mph then coming to a stop.

Pass on that shit.

Meh, I'll keep my Unibrace.

looking at how this attaches, i can't fathom how it reduces any force other than the outer walls coming together, which, uh, is the least of my worries.

I'll be more specific - what we have to deal with here is a twisting motion where a rear corner tries to become higher than the opposite side front corner.

That's why the Unibrace XB is connected at 4 points. Because then if the rear right corner wants to twist upwards, it has to press down from the upper right point of the XB to the lower left point.

With this, uh, coat rack installed, it will just mash into the carpeting a little bit at the top of the bracket on the right and the bottom of the bracket on the left.

You may be thinking that this looks, in theory, like the bars that tie the shock towers together on mk1/2/3. Those also don't do as much as a 4-point rear brace does, but they do more than this thing.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Car(s)
MKV GTI
listen if you guys dont want it or dont like it dont comment. it works. its proven. suck it up or GTFO. i love how everyone knows how this works but yet i see none of you actually with them.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
listen if you guys dont want it or dont like it dont comment. it works. its proven. suck it up or GTFO. i love how everyone knows how this works but yet i see none of you actually with them.

Plenty of people will see this post for this bar and not think twice. Maybe they'll think twice now. If this device is really proven to work maybe you should include that proof with the OP. The fact that other people have used the bar and are happy with it is no proof since dubbers happily put all kinds of useless shit on their cars!

well, you told us how it attaches. Having installed a unibrace xb, i'm very familiar with the area. I don't think that slotting this in and turning a set screw against some fabric is going to do anything for the kind of body flex our cars actually have.

You say it's proven - lets see the proof. Have your engineer come here and explain to us why it works.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't trust any bar that wasn't welded in and properly supported as a harness bar.

Set screws and tension, no thanks.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I wouldn't trust any bar that wasn't welded in and properly supported as a harness bar.

Set screws and tension, no thanks.

Didn't even see that, holy shit is that unsafe lol. Bout what you'd expect from someone running harnesses with no cage.