GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune?

a_ramos

Hey guys, alright so I took my car into VW to get my car checked and I figured out that the hpfp is apr and also is tuned. The mechanic said it's definitely tuned because he took it for a test drive and he said it has a lot of power compared to a stock GTi. My question is how do I know what tune do I have? Here are some things that I noticed, turbo is pushing 26-27 psi on stock turbo. The mechanic also pointed out some things that were upgraded like the DV, piping leading to intercoler and the exhaust. He said everything for stage 2 was there and that the only way to find out is to either dyno or reflash. I don't want to pay 700 dollars to reflash something that is already flashed. Ps: I got the car about 5 months ago so I don't know what the previous owner did. I wish I could contact him and find out everything about it but I can't. Any ideas to find out what tune I have? Can I put 100 octane gas and it will automatically adjust calibrations? I need answers!

proxima

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
I recall reading that if you have an APR tune, you can contact APR with your VIN number and they can tell you what tune you have.

a_ramos

I contacted APR and they didn't have anything on record. Revo, and neuspeed said they can't do anything unless I had the name of the owner which I don't know

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
If you have the APR hpfp it is most likely Stage 2+, 26-27psi sounds more like K04 tune, you might want to check the turbo and see if it is the K03 or something else.

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
Try to find a local person with Revo controller, or GIAC Switcher to see if either verifies your tune.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
k04 looks stock. you have to read the little plate on the compressor side.

With that much $$ into the suspension, you can only hope...

Or, check out the diverter valve setup. I don't see an s3 recirc pipe, so maybe there's another type on there or if it's APR k04, it could be machined in.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
If you have the APR hpfp it is most likely Stage 2+, 26-27psi sounds more like K04 tune, you might want to check the turbo and see if it is the K03 or something else.

x2, That's sounds like really healthy K04 PSI numbers. OP this car is about to be the bargain of the century with all the good stuff you're finding on it.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
OP Could you take a picture of the Diverter valve? The location of it will tell us more about what turbo could be in it.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
You should take it in to a tuning shop and not VW to see what they can figure out. I don't think Revo necessarily requires the owners name but if you find someone with an SPS controller you can tell if it's revo.

There are a bunch of other tunes too. DM seems to be easy to contact from what I've seen on the boards.

If you disconnect the battery you could revert to stock mode on your tune.

No way I'd think a K03 could push that much boost. My K03 has hit and held 24 a few brief times for some odd reason. How is boost being measured. Do you have a gauge?

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
by chance, details about the car?

I traded in my gti mk5 blk with stage 2 revo and a downpipe. you never know lol

edit: nevermind you have a FSI/ mine old mk5 was tsi

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I tried looking through 2007/2008 on here and vortex to see if I could find my car. I was in the same boat and couldn't find the flash the previous owner had used. I had evidence it was put back to stock when I got it in 2009. I just have a basic stage 2+ with revo. DM seems to be the popular tune now, especially with turbo upgrades.

a_ramos

I haven't been able to get under the car lately due to storms and rain but i will take pictures of it as soon as I can, also what's the difference between stock hpfp and apr hpfp? The one that my car has says HITACHI. I'm reading the boost through a wifi dongle that I connect to the obd then I read it on my iPhone with an app called obd fusion. At idle it's at -11 and at peak it's at 26-27 psi.. I'm planning to go get a dyno run soon within this upcoming week