GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI cutting out under hard acceleration

MarkR

Ready to race!
just recently my car has been cutting out under hard acceleration around 4k. my car has unitronic stage 1 software and just started doing this. anyone have similar issues? no CEL either

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Does it do it when ESP is off? The car may think that it lost traction. Another possibility is that your clutch is slipping, not uncommon with tuned TSIs on stock clutches.

MarkR

Ready to race!
no esp is on doesnt matter if its off. i plan on changing my spark plugs and fuel filter as well as oil change and change gearbox fluid when i gret my next paycheck. car has 43k on it now

STR8SHOOTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
I know before I upgraded to an APR fuel pump I had fuel cuts under hard acceleration on my chipped MKV also a 6speed.

STR8SHOOTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
Oh, Right on...

MarkR

Ready to race!
really does it in 4th under hard accel especially around 3500 revs. ex: doing 35mph and then punching it while in 4th i can get the car to do it. runs fine under light accel.

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
really does it in 4th under hard accel especially around 3500 revs. ex: doing 35mph and then punching it while in 4th i can get the car to do it. runs fine under light accel.

Mine was identical to this, it was the plugs.

coil packs

I cleared codes (misfire, cyl 3) swapped cyl 3 and 4 coil pack, drove, ran codes, still came misfire cyl 3.

Swapped plugs, switched coils back to stock locations, all better.

Just my experience.

MarkR

Ready to race!
no misfire codes but i do have a CEL for a bank 1 system lean. My friend who is a VW tech says to change the purge valve.

also my clutch isnt slipping. i can put the car in 5th going the same speed and floor it and it doesnt slip so i know my clutch is ok.