GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble closing door

07DSG

Ready to race!
Tried searching. Unless I slam it hard, my door doesn't close all the way. Sort of like it's hanging or something. Is there a simple fix?

open a window and try shutting the door. if it shuts no problem, theres an issue with some vent thats located in the hatch. i forget the name of it but it might be stuck shut if the windows being open solves the problem. if that doesnt solve the problem, it might be dirty or broken

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
your srtiker might have moved a lil messing up the alignment of the latch and striker.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
It sounds like the latch- does the center system not know your door is open. This happened to my 2007 and was fixed under warrenty. Mine latch broke and car wasnt aware if door was open or closed. Hope you under warrenty still bc its free and only waited about 2 hours.

Chris@RT

Banned
I looked at the latch inside the door, that's the problem. It isn't all the way open when I go to shut the door. Is there a way to fix?

Get some lube like HSS2000 or similar.

It will spray in very thin then evaporate off leaving grease behind, works great on the hinges also.

Spray the latch assembly with it and use a screwdriver to operate the catch mechanism a bunch of times working it in. Spray again repeat.. etc etc

boostboostboost

newbie B)
Car(s)
An 06 gti
It has to be the latch or the striker, only two things that physically shut the door, check them out and post back.