GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded in the GTI...still a VW fan though :)

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
Well after a lot of thought I decided on trading in my GTI and made the move last night to a new Tiguan. While I will miss the GTI I really like the new car. I still will enjoy browsing this forum though! Happy New Year!

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
boooooo! sorry i couldnt figure out the issue. I'll let you know when I have the car back together and let you take her for a spin, should be a bit faster since the last time you drove it. lol

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
you know... we can turbo your tig.... let me know :)

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
boooooo! sorry i couldnt figure out the issue. I'll let you know when I have the car back together and let you take her for a spin, should be a bit faster since the last time you drove it. lol

you know... we can turbo your tig.... let me know :)

Don't apologize...you spent many hours trying to help which is way more than APR did. I actually to this day have yet to even hear back from anyone at APR.

I am looking forward to seeing your car when it is done, i am sure it will be a monster.

I thought about a sleeper Tiguan but i gotta get rid of this new car payment first haha

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG

What happened to the car?

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Pictures of new Tig.

I thought about picking one up as a daily because its pretty versatile.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
We were going to get one this year , but got a crazy deal on a left over 2010 CRV exl

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
anyone know weight on the tig... compared to say a GTI?

judunty84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 3 Door GTI
What happened to the car?

Biggee - The GTI was an APR Stage 1 FSI and it began having issues with rough accelleration. It would stumble under load through the middle of the rpm curve then all the sudden stop stumbling and run fine. MrBikle and his friend spent several hours logging and trying to figure out the problem and everything seemed to look ok on the logs. We did notice some unusual timing pull ATDC but nonetheless could not figure it out. I sent the logs to APR upon Arin's advice and APR gave me quite a run around and never did get back to me, not even to say they couldn't tell anything from the logs :mad:

So after weighing the options of what else the GTI needed verses what I wanted in a car I decided to trade it in for the Tig.