GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toxic Bird Crap

Wiely

Banned
Will your insurance cover vandalism? I would set up cameras or find some way to catch that bitch in the act. Whatver you do, that cunt needs to get delt with before you fix anything or shell just do it again. Id take care of her then get the scratches fixed and the bird shit mark will come right out when they buff it.

DetailZ_mkv

BoostidAzFuk
Car(s)
'07 BMP Gti
well i went to work and parked Jack (thats what my fast likes to be called) about a damn 1/4 mile away and HIKED through the rain to clock in. She was there and the rumors of her dirty deeds upon Jack continued....but...like i said i parked far and the bitch apparently couldn't find the car :)

seeing how i get out of work around 2 am its probably not the safest place to park for a girl but oh well, if he's safe i'm happy :)

and as per my insurance...i'm sure the premium will go up at that point :(

DetailZ_mkv

BoostidAzFuk
Car(s)
'07 BMP Gti
:thumbsup:
haha toxic bird crap... i wonder what the bird ate

i like to think the bird sipped from a puddle of toxic rain personally

Wiely

Banned
all bird shit is acidic, but I guess the ph varies from bird to bird, sometime shit could sit on your paint for a week and not leave a mark, and another time it could only take two hours to burn into the clear.

Detailz that sucks youve got to go through all that just to not get your car keyed at your own business. I have to say Im kind of amazed at how calm you are about it, maybe its a female thing. If that happened to me and I knew who it was, the guy would be getting his eye socket screwed back together. Isnt it pretty tense working with the woman? Are you going to confront her or what are your plans? I despise people who do that kind of stuff so Im interested...

iBoost

SFLMKV.COM Founder
Car(s)
07 Candy White MKV
hey this happened to me and it came out after a nice claybar and sratchx and meguairs wax... at first I thought it will not come off it sounded like you describe but maybe it's time for a claybar for your ride.... good luck

Wiely

Banned
hey this happened to me and it came out after a nice claybar and sratchx and meguairs wax... at first I thought it will not come off it sounded like you describe but maybe it's time for a claybar for your ride.... good luck

im gonna have to try one of those meg. clay bars out. the kind im used to using were really gritty, and kind of like wet sanding with super fine grit. When youre done with the clay bar, is your clear hazy, before you wax?

iBoost

SFLMKV.COM Founder
Car(s)
07 Candy White MKV
im gonna have to try one of those meg. clay bars out. the kind im used to using were really gritty, and kind of like wet sanding with super fine grit. When youre done with the clay bar, is your clear hazy, before you wax?

NO, NOT AT ALL, claybar should not do that!!!! Meguiars has a new clay bar which IMO is better than mothers.... check it out I totally recommend it!

Wiely

Banned
well some clay bars are designed to go that deep, im sure the ones we're talking about dont have that much grit to them though, like you said. I'll probably give in and buy one...how much did you pay for it?

dubsport

I have recently found some great stuff for removing bird sh*t!
Its made by Supagard and is called Bird Lime Neutraliser, takes the acid right out, give it a little buff and its glossy as ever
It really is the sh*t :thumbup: !? J

D3Pun

Habitual Linestepper
Car(s)
07 GTI
Clay bars are not abrasive, they're more of an adhesive. They work by grabbing particles from your paint.

With that being said, try some Zymol HD Cleanse in that area. Use moderate to heavy pressure in straight lines. You want to see the metal of your hood actually bow in a little. You might have to do it 5 or 6 times to pull that etch out of there, but it should work if it's true that it was only on there for a short time. It'd probably be a good idea to HD cleanse the entire hood. If you don't, you'll have a deep, slick, clean spot and the rest of the hood will look bad.

If you can't pull it with the HD Cleanse, the only other option is to wetsand/polish.

Wiely

Banned
Clay bars are not abrasive, they're more of an adhesive. They work by grabbing particles from your paint.

Im sure you have more experience with 20 years or whatever you said and no disrespect intended, but at my shop in West Palm Beach we had some clay bars that were abrasive. We had ones for surface fallout and overspray and things like that, and other one for light scratches and things that werent quite bad enough to want to start wet sanding. If it was light we would just wax it out with Ardex DC4 by hand, or if we went deeper and it was hazed like it was wetsanded, we'd buff it after. So FYI theres more than one type of clay bar.

D3Pun

Habitual Linestepper
Car(s)
07 GTI
Im sure you have more experience with 20 years or whatever you said and no disrespect intended, but at my shop in West Palm Beach we had some clay bars that were abrasive. We had ones for surface fallout and overspray and things like that, and other one for light scratches and things that werent quite bad enough to want to start wet sanding. If it was light we would just wax it out with Ardex DC4 by hand, or if we went deeper and it was hazed like it was wetsanded, we'd buff it after. So FYI theres more than one type of clay bar.

I've never seen abrasive clay bars. I wonder what their advantage would be over, say, 2000 grit paper. I mean, the advantage of clay is that it doesn't haze your clearcoat and there's no need to come behind it with a polisher and compound to remove the haze that an abrasive like sandpaper or rubbing compound would cause.

Wiely

Banned
Well I never really questioned it before,but I guess the only advantage was it was quicker and easier, and like I said before, we used Ardex DC4 which had a swirl eliminator and could take out a very light/fine haze by hand. The clay bar couldnt take out scratches that needed to be wetsanded, but it was good for the lighter stuff.