GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torque wrench?

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Hello all,

so from now on i want to torque every nut and bolt (should have done that alooong time ago). Especially cause i will be changing the cam follower and spark plugs and also for all the oil changes i plan to do from no on. Anyways, what is a decent torque wrench to buy?

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I buy every tool I can from harbor freight.

I believe hot rod magazine did a comparison (long term) on their tq wrench vs the big brands and it was just as accurate for a shit ton less.

The key is to zero them out after use.

crappycrap

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 Rabbit
depends on how much you would like to spend. i have heard that the harbor freight ones are surprisingly accurate and my brother had one that didnt give him any trouble.

I personally have 2 torque wrenches
3/8 CDI 5-75ftlb
1/2 Precision Instruments 50-250ftlb

they werent cheap, but I feel like they were worth the investment

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Autozone $20 last time I checked. I like harbor freight but I buy the absolute minimum because everything is made is china.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Sears has some great deals of Craftsman wrenches over the weekend. Not sure if they still do or not. I picked up the dial style (not click) for smaller things. It torques to 75 ft/lbs.

langer

i fix teefs
I have 2 sears craftsman wrenches. One dial and one digital. The dial one had the plastic lens crack over the desired torque value, which makes it hard to read now.