GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Gear UK Returns Today in the USA

220volt

Ready to race!
I probably watched every Top Gear UK episode at least three time. Love the show, but yearning for more more more... Episodes cannot come soon enough.
I have never watched Firth Gear or Top Gear USA. Are these any good? I've heard that Fifth Gear if more serious car related stuff, where as Top Gear USA is pretty much carbon copy of Top Gear UK.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
TG USA blows. Don't waste your time. You can't manufacture the rapport that comes naturally with Clarkson/Hammond/May.

220volt

Ready to race!
TG USA blows. Don't waste your time. You can't manufacture the rapport that comes naturally with Clarkson/Hammond/May.

I suspected that the chemistry might not be there, but is there any other value like with car reviews, challenges etc...?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
People actually watch tv at this age of Internet? It was awesome! Just torrent.. Commercials made me cancel my cable 2 years ago, haven't looked back. Just bump the internet to like 100 Mb/s. :D

so, get rid of cable because of commercials, then up your internet speed to 100mb/s? So what you are saying is turn my $125/mo cable and internet bill into a $200/mo internet only bill?

Brilliant! Think I might just do this! :lol:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

pretty much this^.. I'll still watch/try to watch US here and there, and even like Rutledge and what's his nuts, the real racer, but still.. seems so forced, and such a carbon copy... even my wife noticed that, lol.

I suspected that the chemistry might not be there, but is there any other value like with car reviews, challenges etc...?

Fifth Gear.

I probably watched every Top Gear UK episode at least three time. Love the show, but yearning for more more more... Episodes cannot come soon enough.
I have never watched Firth Gear or Top Gear USA. Are these any good? I've heard that Fifth Gear if more serious car related stuff, where as Top Gear USA is pretty much carbon copy of Top Gear UK.

Fifth gear still has a lot of fun/joking/challenges - but at least one challenge typically isn't the whole darn episode, and they have 4 presenters. They also do a "team test" on one car together, which is nice/funny usually, and everything else is just more straight forward with more actual performance driving. Def check it out if you haven't yet.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Um did anyone enjoy that first episode? I felt like it was pretty bland...

220volt

Ready to race!
pretty much this^.. I'll still watch/try to watch US here and there, and even like Rutledge and what's his nuts, the real racer, but still.. seems so forced, and such a carbon copy... even my wife noticed that, lol.

Fifth Gear.

Fifth gear still has a lot of fun/joking/challenges - but at least one challenge typically isn't the whole darn episode, and they have 4 presenters. They also do a "team test" on one car together, which is nice/funny usually, and everything else is just more straight forward with more actual performance driving. Def check it out if you haven't yet.

Cool. It is on my list now :thumbup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i watched 1 and 2 a few days ago. didnt see anything about the mk7 gti yet.

Looks like my DVR has a bit of a lag, I thought 1 just came out... 2 was supposed to come out today?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
watched on that finalgear site thing.. using that app thing i dont like to download to my computer. i just downloaded them. i didnt know you could actually watch them legally yet..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
watched on that finalgear site thing.. using that app thing i dont like to download to my computer. i just downloaded them. i didnt know you could actually watch them legally yet..

Comcast has BBC... so yea... It was on mondays at 8pm...

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
That Zenvo ST1 looks like a beast of a car. Love the styling of it - pity it was so shit. That was not a good advertisement for it on last nights Top Gear.