• Sell the GTI and get something else

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Keep the GTI

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
Here is the Deal. I have an assignment to Korea here next year and I can't take my baby GTI me for the year I am over there. However I do have the option to get it shipped for free to my follow assignment which will most likely be in Germany somewhere. Anyhow I was debating as to weather or not I should just sell it before I leave and then get something else once I get to Germany. I can't decide what would be easier. If I sell id most likely have to throw it back to stock and then get my hick-up with the car fax crap worked out. I would also be upside down with the loan. But the bright side of that is I could pick up a Sirocco or something along those lines overseas. So I am looking for input. Thanks

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Keep the car, the hassle of making it stock, and the cost and hassle of getting a modern European car into the US are not worth it.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
bring the scirocco to vegas

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
IDK, I disagree with keep and ship to Germany a year from now; this does not make sense. You will continue to pay for a car you cannot use and then pay more to ship it to Germany, import and taxes. Doesn't add up.

Sell the car, as is or revert back to stock (or nearly so). Spend the year in Korea and theN lease something in Deutchland until whenever you return to the states. I know we love our cars, but it is just a car.

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
i say sell it and just get out of debt, but i just did that with my VW 3 days ago and its fucking amazing feeling.

Dubwhise

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree with Hobbs, sell it now, save your pennies, do the lease in Germany. By the time you get back to the states you should have a nice fat pocket for a new us model of your choosing.

Scirocco

Passed Driver's Ed
My sister stored a car while her husband was in Japan and she went with him. The storage place had a collapse and the car was damaged. Other factors outside of your control can affect any plans. I say take what you can, get rid of it.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
If your in the military they will ship the car for you....take the german VW GTI over to Germany when you get to your next duty station.

Too much of a hassle buying a german car over there and converting it back to US specs.Plus it should be almost paid off by than.......:thumbup:

Unless you get that one of those VW germany-only cars....