GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tomorrow:

GTiMkVtyler

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI MkV
I'm ordering ECU and I need to know which is best. Mainly which gain will be best and which the dealers won't be able to notice. There's been much controversy on this topic, so don't get irritated with this. Thanks to whoever takes this seriously.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps a subject like "Advice on which ECU to get" would help. Current title says nothing...

I've heard good things about both GIAC and APR, but haven't had experience either.

Last edited:

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
i'm going with apr, since i'm gettin the apr TBE as well
and u get stage II free with the exhaust

vdub_nutz2K6Gti

Autocross Newbie
If you are worry about voiding your warranty, don't get chipped at all. I'm just being honest, because the dealerships will find out somehow.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
hakgwai said:
i'm going with apr, since i'm gettin the apr TBE as well
and u get stage II free with the exhaust

Stage I - APR ECU/Chip Upgrade

Stage II - ECU/Chip Upgrade and Turbo-Back Exhaust

You won't get any of these stages for free bro. You might get a discount if you buy both together.

:headbang:

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
We need a big flag or something that refers people to search forum topics before reposting....maybe?

vdub_nutz2K6Gti

Autocross Newbie
people like to argue for some reason especially in vortex..he asked a simple question, therefore just give him a simple answer. And from there, what he decides is what goes in the car. There's a really big APR vs. GIAC thread on Vortex and that might help you out with your decission. Good luck bro.:thumbsup:

GTiMkVtyler

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI MkV
vdub_nutz2K6Gti said:
people like to argue for some reason especially in vortex..he asked a simple question, therefore just give him a simple answer. And from there, what he decides is what goes in the car. There's a really big APR vs. GIAC thread on Vortex and that might help you out with your decission. Good luck bro.:thumbsup:

Thanks, man. I'll check that out.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
people who have each love them... there have been some converts one way or another but on the whole each chip (APR, Revo and GIAC) has glowing reviews... I would say go with which has a dealer that you like who is close.

there really is no ans for which is better... or if there is let me know also tell me which is better DSG or manual j/k is all personal opinion