GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To those who have a front plate zip-tied to the lower honeycomb:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Is it ok down there? I'm worried about air restriction, but then I see so many people that have it there, does it really make a difference? I mean I have an idea on how to utilize the plate bracket and not have to drill holes into the center plastic shield, but if i can just zip tie it to the bottom and not worry about it, I'd rather just do that...

Guticb

Ready to race!
I've got one down there. ZERO issues with it.

It's a pain to get it down there at first, but it should be sturdy. Just get zip ties that are over 6 inches long and you'll be fine.

cbursten

Banned
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI 6MT
F... the front plate thing. Mine's on the floor in the back until I get pulled over for it. :thumbsup:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
I love living in a province with only a back plate :) Never mind the benefits of being able to see somebody's plate from the front, back plates only FTW

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yea i used to live in a state (jersey) where you have to have a front plate, but then i moved to south carolina (no front plate) and bought the GTI. now i'm moving back to a state where a front plate is required and i don't want holes in my bumper. it sucks, the whole US should be either front plate or no front plate.