GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To those trading out of GTI's in 2014...

Avant

Ready to race!
Getting an S4/S3 no question.

soular

Ready to race!
It's like Bender is in my head...

Volvo is a good option. Apparently the new S60 is good.
I had a 2012 S60, that thing was awesome. I was sad to get rid of it, but wanted lower car payments/better gas mileage. I'm slightly thinking of going back to volvo because I loved that car. They have a sweet deal where you can go test drive the car you buy in sweden on their dime and then they'll ship it for you to the dealer of your choice. Sounds pretty awesome.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I had a 2012 S60, that thing was awesome. I was sad to get rid of it, but wanted lower car payments/better gas mileage. I'm slightly thinking of going back to volvo because I loved that car. They have a sweet deal where you can go test drive the car you buy in sweden on their dime and then they'll ship it for you to the dealer of your choice. Sounds pretty awesome.

This would be cool, I'm always wondering if you can get cars in manual that way that they don't normally sell in manual here.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sounds like the same for BMW and others who do euro delivery/factory delivery, they call it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Let us all take a moment to remember the balls deep ko4 thread as Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" plays softly in the background.

+100000

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha.. yeah, there was so much love back then.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion

Did you have the T6?! Damn I've heard that's a killer car. Regrets?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

That T6 is a sweet motor. Silky smooth power, it pulls pretty hard from what I remember.

Glad someone still likes their car, I still love mine, probably hopping on the mod train soon. I am always thinking of other cars though, right now it's the Mustang GT.

McQueen77

Banned
dang that aint bad. but isnt the V6 Passat over $30k anyway?

maybe new. but i just found a few within 20 miles of me CPO with less than 10k miles on the odometer, SEL premium V6 Passats for around $26.5 - 27k.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I was in a Volvo of some sort 10 years back.. Some kind of s60 type thing. It had one of the best stock stereo's I have ever heard. Funny enough, it was also dynaudio.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
maybe new. but i just found a few within 20 miles of me CPO with less than 10k miles on the odometer, SEL premium V6 Passats for around $26.5 - 27k.

I am sure you can get 4-5k Off new... so getting 6-7k off for a used model is silly.

soular

Ready to race!
Yeah, had the T6 and traded it for an Elantra. Regrets...what do you think? ;^P

We did get what we were looking for out of the Elantra tho, which was better gas mileage (10+mpg average) and lower car payment ($200/month). We could definitely afford the Volvo, but were trying to get some other things paid off. We even got a pretty good deal on the car since we bought it in England when we were stationed over there. Got it for $34.5k, would have been around $43K MSRP in the states. I miss the crap outta that S60 tho, it was super nice and pretty dang fast too. I'd get another in a heartbeat. Only thing I didn't like about it was the small trunk.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, had the T6 and traded it for an Elantra. Regrets...what do you think? ;^P

We did get what we were looking for out of the Elantra tho, which was better gas mileage (10+mpg average) and lower car payment ($200/month). We could definitely afford the Volvo, but were trying to get some other things paid off. We even got a pretty good deal on the car since we bought it in England when we were stationed over there. Got it for $34.5k, would have been around $43K MSRP in the states. I miss the crap outta that S60 tho, it was super nice and pretty dang fast too. I'd get another in a heartbeat. Only thing I didn't like about it was the small trunk.

S60 to Elantra?! Damn sir that's a compromise! Is the S60 good enough to pick it over a 335i? I've often wondered how those two cars compared although I think the S60 would not handle as well. It should be fairly comfortable right?