GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Pressure Too Low Warning?

YBRmuggsLP21

Passed Driver's Ed
So my '08 GTi has been telling me that my tire pressure is too low for the past week or two. I currently have my snow tires on, which don't have TPS... I've had this same setup for about five winters now, and the tire pressure light always comes on, but it's never thrown the warning on the message display before.

Is there any way to stop this? Does the spare have a TPS?

Thanks,
Nick

Soysauce

Nooob
Car(s)
'07 Gti
I've been driving without my front tpms's for awhile because I haven't gotten to swapping them over yet, I just check pressure every week or so. The display warning is normal, for me it popped up a week or so after I put on my new wheels. Afaik the only way to get it to stop is to put your sensors back, or disable the warnings through vagcom.
Here's the vagcom directions

TPMS off (light)
19-CAN Gateway
07-Coding
Coding Helper ----> Scroll down and check/uncheck 1 box

TPMS off (message)
46-Central Conv.
07-Coding
Coding Helper ----> Scroll down and check/uncheck 1 box

Source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-tpms-in-mk5#/topics/5077817?page=1&_k=5xd0fe

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I dont know how you got away with no light for 5 winters but if a tire is low or one of the 4 sensors is not within range your light is supposed to come on. So unless you left your 2 spare wheels in the back seat for 5 years i dont know

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

YBRmuggsLP21

Passed Driver's Ed
The light alwayd came on, but the message never did. That seemed logical to me as the sensors weren't anywhere near the vehicle. I feel like no communication with the TPS wouldn't equate to low pressure.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Just find someone with Vag-com and disable the TPMS messages. That will clear it all up.