GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Condition Concern

lar32

Ready to race!
I was cleaning my car the other day, and I noticed a little less than a quarter sized chunk missing out of the tread of one my tires. The damage also has little bit of depth to it, but nothing to significant.

I have an autocross event coming up on Nov. 22, and I wondering if it would be alright to run with the tire in that condition?
I have a feeling if there is any concern about to the tire. I should probably go out and buy a new set of tires, but I really don't want to do that unless I really have to. What does everyone think?

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Take a picture and post it up, really no other way for us to know if its going to be ok. If its a chunk from the tread and not down inbetween the tread, you should be fine. Its the sidewall thats a different story. Either way post a pic if you can.

lar32

Ready to race!

Sorry, my car is really dirty. The weather didn't cooperate with my schedule this week. I hope these pictures will help.

uscrew96

Ready to race!
Thats fine. Flip the tire to other side of car so it on inside of the rim.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Doesnt look deep and its on a solid chunk of tread. I wouldnt worry about it man.

uscrew96

Ready to race!
me thinks his dunlops are directional tires....
What I try to say is take a right and left tire off the car and dismount the tires and switch sides. Put the bad part on the inside of other wheel.
Hope this helps.

lar32

Ready to race!
I was hoping to get more from these tire (even though they aren't much) a little bit longer, and it seems I can get maybe another event or two out of them before buying something better.

Thanks everyone.