GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ticket for no headlights...

tibbar_wv

Passed Driver's Ed
Got pulled over last night after bowling around 9pm for having "no headlights on"..friggin cop was right across from the bowling alley and pulled me over about 2 blocks later...Cop walked up shined a light at my wife and I and asked if we have been drinken..i said no and he gave me a breathalyzer test after that he told me to get out of the car walk in a straight line, touch my nose, jump on my left foot/right and count how many fingers he was holding up..(WTF..the bowling alley doesnt even serve alcohol..they dont even have a bar)..afterwards he told me to get back in the car and then gave me a ticket for having no headlights..when he gave me the ticket i told him i have my headlights on..he looked at me and said "you just turned them on when I pulled you over" and walked back to his car..I swear he probably wanted to get me for DWI but couldnt since I didnt drink that night so he wanted to screw me over one way or another...
Now heres my question..whats the chances of getting this ticket dismissed?..my headlights were on but its my word against his and I know he has the edge on that..BUT my car (08' Rabbit) has DRL..could they still give out tickets for just having your DRL on?..

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
Got pulled over last night after bowling around 9pm for having "no headlights on"..friggin cop was right across from the bowling alley and pulled me over about 2 blocks later...Cop walked up shined a light at my wife and I and asked if we have been drinken..i said no and he gave me a breathalyzer test after that he told me to get out of the car walk in a straight line, touch my nose, jump on my left foot/right and count how many fingers he was holding up..(WTF..the bowling alley doesnt even serve alcohol..they dont even have a bar)..afterwards he told me to get back in the car and then gave me a ticket for having no headlights..when he gave me the ticket i told him i have my headlights on..he looked at me and said "you just turned them on when I pulled you over" and walked back to his car..I swear he probably wanted to get me for DWI but couldnt since I didnt drink that night so he wanted to screw me over one way or another...
Now heres my question..whats the chances of getting this ticket dismissed?..my headlights were on but its my word against his and I know he has the edge on that..BUT my car (08' Rabbit) has DRL..could they still give out tickets for just having your DRL on?..

your DRL don't count at night, because your tail lights and interior lights would be off

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
If the ticket specifically stated "headlights" just go to court and show the judge that this is not possible as your car has DRLs (effectivly the headlights are "always" on)

Your DRLs do not turn on your tail lights so if he put the tail lights on there as a violation then the DRLs won't help you. :thumbsup:

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
What a douchbag cop. Couldn't get you on the DWI, so did a bogus no headlights-scums like this make it so we cant trust the good ones. As for getting out of the ticket, I have no idea.

tibbar_wv

Passed Driver's Ed
If the ticket specifically stated "headlights" just go to court and show the judge that this is not possible as your car has DRLs (effectivly the headlights are "always" on)

Your DRLs do not turn on your tail lights so if he put the tail lights on there as a violation then the DRLs won't help you. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input..the ticket just says "no headlights"...1st time getting a ticket like this..anybody knows if its a moving violation?

tibbar_wv

Passed Driver's Ed
What a douchbag cop. Couldn't get you on the DWI, so did a bogus no headlights-scums like this make it so we cant trust the good ones. As for getting out of the ticket, I have no idea.

yup..i didnt even argue or resist any of those tests too and he still gave me a ticket..guessin he either had a bad day or was just out to get his 1st ticket of the month...

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick

Exactly man. Use this logic, he would have to say headlights and tailights... and go to court. Half chance he won't show up since he was lying anyways.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Vehicle equipment violations are not moving violations, nope. you are all clear on that.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Driving without your headlights on isn't a moving violation?

I say fight it either way. Just say your car has DRLs and it isn't possible to turn them off (even though we all know you can).

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
What a load of bull. I wish some cops weren't such douchebags. I once had a cop follow me about 8 blocks for "running a stop sign." He was probably just thinking of a reason to give me a ticket, ran my plates and saw that I already got a ticket for doing that about a month and a half before.

Have fun making that cop look like an idiot. That is, if he even shows up

james.bigouette

Officially boring
this is one that that i would have to say fight. it is way to easy to show that they only way to turn your headlights off is to apply the parking brake. obviously you didnt drive down the road with your parking brake on! Fight man fight!

moniz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Fight it. Even if you only had your DRL's on a sympathetic judge or JP might buy the argument that the officer should have stated on the ticket "no headlights on, only DRL's visible", since DRL's are always on when the the parking brake is disengaged.

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom

This for sure.
If the ticket says headlights it means headlights,
and you have a witness that was in your car with you.