GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle pipes

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Hey guys! Just wanted to find out, is there a negative side to installing a bsh throttle pipe? Saying that i'm referring to airflow around the MAP sensor?
I know the benefits are better throttle response, the car feels better higher up in the rev range and overall it flows more grams per second.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
You'll hear the turbo more but that isn't negative IMO. You'll love how easy it is to remove and install it compared to the stock pipe. Just be sure to use blue loctite if you will not be taking advantage of the meth bungs and DV relocation pipe.

Starfox92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW GTI 6 speed
I have the Neuspeed equivalent pipe and I love it. Also have the discharge as you can see in my sig. Both did give me a bit more sound and I didn't do the noise pipe delete from Neuspeed which is another part. It truly is a huge pain to install though because it is bigger and you're working in a tight space, but I loved the little extra sound I got from it.

apollosfury

designeddwk
love my bsh tb pipe

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
Bsh pipe is good if you plan on doing more to your car, like dv relocates and w/m, etc.

I have both the neuspeed pipes, I think if you're gonna do the throttle pipe you should eliminate the noise piece and have a smoother bore. Ran the discharge pipe alone for awhile with my awe dv relocate before getting the throttle pipe. With throttle pipe in I do noticed tipping the throttle gives you a better response then what I had before, but mainly I attribute this to the fact that the noise pipe is no longer there. So basically any pipe would give you similar results as long as it gets rid of your noise pipe.

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Thanks a lot for the help guys! We don't have noisepipes in our cars over here as we get euro spec cars. The throttle pipe I had a look at doesn't have the dv relocate or anything like that. I have a wmi system on my car so i'll just move my nozzle from the oem boostpipe to the new location on the pipe. I think my meth is atomising before its hitting the motor. My intake temps are very low but the octane boost isn't as much.