GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle Body problems for '07 MKV GTI anyone?

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
This will be the 2nd time that I'm having to have my Throttle Body replaced. EPC, ESP, Check Engine, and sometimes Battery lights all coming on and off. Car stalling/engine stopping on occasion. Car has difficulty starting sometimes. Can't get any power when depresssing the accelerator pedal on occasion.

This first happened in July 2010 and was repaired by Valley Motors in Timonium, MD. Now my car is in the hands of Heritage VW in Owings Mills, MD. I have around 46k miles on my car. Still under warranty for now.

My car has been in and out of the Heritage service shop for about a month now because of random warning lights here and there. Now the throttle body seems to be going again! Anyone else have this problem more than once?

PS. For anyone living in Baltimore City, I would highly recommend that you do NOT take your car to Valley Motors in Timonium fpr service. Their service guys are smarmy scheisters. They consistently tried not to give me a loaner vehicle when my car was in for warranty work among many other schemey acts of evil. And they improperly seated my engine coils.

Heritage is top notch so far. Their DSG service was about $340 compaired to Valley Motors' $450 DSG service.. Highly recommend. Sorry for the rant. Just annoyed and frustrated.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Only once...

langer

i fix teefs
Only reason I use Valley is that they're right up the street from my office. I can just drop it off in the morning and pick it up after work. If it wasn't for that, there's no way I'd use them. I blew through a cam follower...completely perforated. They only replaced the follower and hpfp...wonder what my rev A cam looks like? Pretty chewed up I'm assuming. I'll be checking my follower again this oil change, and if there's any damage I'll be pressing for a cam replacement.
Wish I had researched heritage and their fee for DSG service...coulda saved myself some cash.
They've been pretty good to me in terms of loaner cars if I needed it.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
Why don't you just upgrade the TB Pipe instead of just putting back on that constricted stock one?