GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of Changing to a Toureg

Artysta

Ready to race!
So once my lease on my gti is over, and my wife's lease on her tiguan is over Im thinking of getting a pre-owned Toureg TDI. I really like the new body style 2011-present, but don't mind the 2010's as well. Any models or year i should avoid? I've heard mixed reviews, especially when it comes to reliability but 400lb of torque + AWD:drool:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IIRC, none of the models are rated well from CR on reliability, but TDI may be most reliable. Either way, I'd never have one out of warranty and/or lease.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
There is no way I'd own a modern VW Diesel out of warranty... they are maintenance nightmares.

Artysta

Ready to race!
how about the 3.6 FSI version? Its much cheaper, but the mileage is also worse. The price of the tdi version would probably take years to pay off the difference.

JCS-2.0T

Ready to race!
I think they are one of the top 3 best looking suv on the market at any price range. Beautiful truck. My friend has the non-diesel version and hasn't had any problems. He loves it.

McQueen77

Banned
IIRC, none of the models are rated well from CR on reliability, but TDI may be most reliable. Either way, I'd never have one out of warranty and/or lease.

this week has made me decide ill never own a VW, period, out of warranty. "100k miles or bust guys! woo! yeah!! VW!!!" i must have been high.

OP, the toureg is bomb. Lease that fucker, drive it into the dust and turn it back in to some poor slob who will then buy it CPO and be told his 40k mile service will cost him $1100. (heard this conversation, almost to the tee, at the dealer the other day). OP, one thing goes wrong. one tiny thing.. literally, tiny and it will be well over a grand. just a fact of life. price of brilliant german engineering......

Avant

Ready to race!
I think the new Toureg's look very very nice.. but then again I'm unfamiliar with the maintainability.

McQueen77

Banned
Any car that costs that much money and that is jampacked with that level of engineering and equipment is going to cost a grip to keep on the road. Toureg is basically luxury brand pricing, options and feel.