GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about going back to (vw)wrenching...

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Well, it's been 4.5 years since I rolled my toolbox out of the shop. I primarily left because I was thoroughly fed up with warranty rates and the dreaded dead months. I.E. the holiday season when everyone would rather buy their kids tablets then take them to school with tires that have tread :rolleyes: But, I find myself bored in my current job, and leaving work feeling like I didn't accomplish anything meaningful. The benefits are great, and being hourly has it's perks(also breeds laziness), but having so many "bosses" that don't know a box end from and open end is getting to me. It is borderline impossible to get fired from my current employer, so most the people here do a really good job blowing smoke up the right hind quarters and get by. I ain't about that either. But being there is an HR department and I have to be PC, I cannot call out the dead wood. At the dealer as a flat rate tech I could. I could also use f**k as a period at the end of each sentence, and I miss that.

At the dealer, I never didn't make 40 hours, but that sometimes meant spending 60 hours at the dealership, needless to say I was not about that. Granted, that isn't every week. But a couple of those in a row makes you wonder... Apparently cases like that are gone, and the method of hours tracking and earning pay have changed. We shall see....meeting with my old team leader tomorrow. I hope he tells me what I want to hear.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
It is borderline impossible to get fired from my current employer, so most the people here do a really good job blowing smoke up the right hind quarters and get by.

This is way too accurate. Teach that robot on the cold saw to pour you a beer and go out in style haha

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
This is way too accurate. Teach that robot on the cold saw to pour you a beer and go out in style haha
HA! That isn't a half bad idea. YOU"RE MY BOY BLUE!

I plan to here what dealer is offering techs these days. They offer me my position every single time I go back. I hope that means I have some leverage.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If dealers would get more into mod install it might cover the dead months.
As many mention most mods are cosmetic so offer many of these.
I agree with that.

When I was there for an oil change a few weeks back I was told they did an aftermarket clutch install recently. That was a pretty rare occasion when I was there before.