GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
thanks dude! Im trying to step my game up.

Off to do cardio and legs:

5 mile hill run then wall squats, over head squats, goblet squats, squats, lunges, over head lunges, turkish get up, dead lift.

Today is a 3x day, so Im trying to decide what my PM workout tonight is going to be. Chest isnt really feeling stressed so I might have to smash the chesticles and back again to make sure its done right today....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
FYI...I dig the Orange Mango Assault. Good stuff.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
FYI...I dig the Orange Mango Assault. Good stuff.

I hate the orange mango. I bought a bottle of the orange mango recon and hated it so much i bought a bottle of their fruit punch and i mix them half and half just to get it sucked down.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Its manageable. Its DEFINITELY not like the blue raspberry. BLEGH!

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
just finished and getting my post grub on...

I have been working hard on muscle endurance and stamina and my workout today really showed me how much strength Im losing...especially on my dead lift. I want to get the power back, but I have an event coming up where endurance will be king...guess Ill have to wait until its over.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
damnit. regular life stuff getting in the way. dinner went late at friends house. no 3rd tonight. :failboat:

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
I actually like the Orange Mango a lot...I'm not crazy about the Fruit Punch and the Orange Raspberry flavor in the Bullet Proof is just gross.

But who cares, it all does it's job so I can take 16oz of nasty taste to get results.

Gym completely kicked my ass yesterday, just didn't have the energy level. Got through my run and ALMOST completed my 4 mile goal. I'm getting there and feeling great too.

Who knew punishment could feel so good?

balius

Go Kart Champion
Deads yesterday. 185 for three sets of 8. Not a whole lot of weight, but I'm just getting back into doing them, so I'm working my way up. Lower back is definitely feeling it today

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Gym completely kicked my ass yesterday, just didn't have the energy level. Got through my run and ALMOST completed my 4 mile goal. I'm getting there and feeling great too.

Who knew punishment could feel so good?

heck yeah man, good job! what is the longest you've ever done?

today I am going to run again, but probably no HIIT's, maybe straight 2miler, and then a bunch of core stuff. I'm down about 12lbs in the last month so far.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
anyone use casein protein? is it true to whats advertised?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I lowered the weights for my dead lift, squat and bench because I want to focus on my form and better ROM.

I always have headphones on when I'm at the gym whether its cardio or lifting. They're great when I'm on the treadmill but lately I'm starting to think its a distraction.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I rep'd 315 on my dead lifts yesterday at the end of my workout. Tried to push for 370 which just wasnt happening. Once my endurance gets back to where it needs to be ill hit strength up.....i was supposed to push for 415 on the dl, but there was just no way.

GK- good job on dropping weight. Casein protein is your "hey im hungry, body dont eat yourself" shake. Whey is your immediate post work out window shake. I take in about 40ish g casein right before bed or during the day if i need a snack. Whey protein should not exceed 30g at a time. You can mix the two if you want to feed the muscles for a little while. Casein atnight will help prevent you rrom going catabolic during your sleep. Wake up and immediately do 4oz whole juice like naked and some water. It will curb your cortisol and ramp up your metabolism for the day.

balius

Go Kart Champion
anyone use casein protein? is it true to whats advertised?

I used to use it, but I've been trying to switch to more natural stuff and less supplements, so now I eat cottage cheese instead. Casein is the protein derived from dairy products, so cottage cheese is a good replacement for it of you can stomach it. I definitely recommend doing one of the two before bed, especially the days where you do weight training as it helps keep your body in an anabolic state while you sleep due to the slow release of the aminos from the protein.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
GK- good job on dropping weight. Casein protein is your "hey im hungry, body dont eat yourself" shake. Whey is your immediate post work out window shake. I take in about 40ish g casein right before bed or during the day if i need a snack. Whey protein should not exceed 30g at a time. You can mix the two if you want to feed the muscles for a little while. Casein atnight will help prevent you rrom going catabolic during your sleep. Wake up and immediately do 4oz whole juice like naked and some water. It will curb your cortisol and ramp up your metabolism for the day.

Thanks and thanks for the info, especialy the morning recommendation.

I used to use it, but I've been trying to switch to more natural stuff and less supplements, so now I eat cottage cheese instead. Casein is the protein derived from dairy products, so cottage cheese is a good replacement for it of you can stomach it. I definitely recommend doing one of the two before bed, especially the days where you do weight training as it helps keep your body in an anabolic state while you sleep due to the slow release of the aminos from the protein.

interesting. so like, would a glass of milk or some yogurt at bed help at all too or?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks and thanks for the info, especialy the morning recommendation.

interesting. so like, would a glass of milk or some yogurt at bed help at all too or?

Greeo yogurt, yes milk not really. You need the protein. Cottage cheese is great.