GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Torture Never Ends

revdes

Well... it still might end this week, but it feels neverending!

I've sold my MKIV, so right now I have no car, and walking 20+ minutes to the train station for over an hours train ride with ugly grumpy strangers (not excluding myself hehe) every morning and night is no fun. At least the weather has been good...

Nor is the ship arriving on the 23rd of March, only to still have no car some 3 weeks on.

Nor is finding out my car was unloaded in Sydney instead of Melbourne, which was further delayed by Jesus deciding to sacrifice himself to his dad (or um, himself).

Nor is the car finally arriving in Melbourne only to be sent to the wrong dealership. It's NEAR Ferntree Gully Road, not IN Ferntree Gully! Not only did they send the car to the wrong dealer, but it's a commercial vehicle dealership, so they only have trucks and vans - which obviously begs the question why they accepted the delivery in the first place!? :iono:

Obviously this means more delays while they figure out how to get 1 car 20 mins down the road (and no one better be driving it there) before they still have to do window tints and the rest of the business before handing me the keys.

It had better be worth it... :mad:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i wish you all the best in getting you car ASAP...hahah get them 2 throw in a few stuff coz they delayed it soo much

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
make sure you get your bloody bottle opener!!!!

and get them to throw in some serious freebies for that. if the dealer doesnt call VWA. rant AND rave!

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
they could drive it and you wouldnt even know it.

as they can reset the odo back to zero if its under 200klm

i would be asking for some free stuff also...

SSS_Hoon

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
yeh they can reset it back to zero 3 times :biggrin: my mate works at a stealership

dodgey

Not a VW owner
If the system has not be activated, they can reset it. When I was test driving the Jetta, the TDI I testdrove had not been activated as yet, so they would have wiped the odo before they sold it. (I'm sure it would have been sold as New rather than Demo) However, if the system have not been activated, most of the other functions don't work either.

Apparently you can see how many times it has been reset if you have the appropriate tools, though...

All that was a bit OT though. I find it difficult to understand that they could get it so wrong with the delivery. I'd be wondering if they are not stalling for some reason or not, perhaps call up the commercial dealership to see if they actually got the car?

ONGIE

Yeah man, get some goodies...here are some suggestions.

1. If you owe any type of payment...deduct some, for your trouble.
2. Full supply of cleaning products.
3. A Fast toy..if they know what that is of course.
4. A VW GTI jacket..the one the dealer guys wear...they retail for about $200
5. Get them to pay your insurance fee for 1 year...doesn't hurt to try
6. All of the above...(wouldn't that be nice)

Anyway...yes, it is worth the wait..once your hand grips those keys...it's like this post never happened..:smile: ..good luck and keep us posted.

ongie

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
LOL yeah you can TRY for free stuff but don't hold your breath. They have no reason to give you anything other than just being nice.... its not like you can back out of the deal so they have their money.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Oh man, dragging out the suffering! :cry:
I hope the final transfer comes quick and is totally painless...

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Trust me, in 6 months time, you'll have completely forgotten about the dramas you're currently experiencing.

I had to wait 9 months for my car. It seemed an eternity. It's all just a distant memory now.

When you get it.....just watch out for driveways......remember Volkspower.

revdes

When you get it.....just watch out for driveways......remember Volkspower.
:laugh: I've noticed the MKV is much better than the MKIV in that regard.

I haven't put down a cent of my own money on this car yet, so I can walk away from the deal if I wanted to... but after 4 months of waiting, the emotional attachment is pretty strong.

Still, can't hurt to ask for some freebies. Some VW towels would be nice, as leather can get quite hot during summer.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
so I can walk away from the deal if I wanted to

Except for that whole pesky legally binding contract you would have signed. How did you get away without a deposit anyway?