GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Dear god I hate when people claim "Free speech" as if you are free to say anything you want without consequence.

Clarkson is in England but in the USA, the 1st amendment protects you from the government imprisoning you, not your employer.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Top Gear would be nothing without Jeremy, I personally find him hilarious. Just think if the show was only hammond and may... richard isn't that bad but James is too boring

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Lol, yeah I bet you're solving world hunger and campaigning for peace all over the world. Very noble work you're doing.

I am sure you were too, go ahead sign your petition and change the world.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Been watching the show for years but after a while it became a bit stale. May is slow. Hammond is the sensible point of view. Clarkson although funny at times does come off as a bit of a d***. I feel some episodes were a wasted chance to give a proper review of the car in question, yeah I get thats not really the focus of the show anymore but why not educate and entertain at the same time? Petition or not he had been warned before...

JC owns Top Gear. It's his show. BBC has SUSPENDED JC's show. He has not been fired from his own show. Either BBC decides that they value the ratings over their own personal grievances, or the show walks with JC and the gang, and everything else. Nothing is lost here.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
Dear god I hate when people claim "Free speech" as if you are free to say anything you want without consequence.

Clarkson is in England but in the USA, the 1st amendment protects you from the government imprisoning you, not your employer.

Me too! Who claimed that lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
I am sure you were too, go ahead sign your petition and change the world.

Never claimed I had better things to do. You did. So much so that you felt the need to take time out to comment in here. Which I welcome by the way, but let's be serious you have nothing better to do.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
That's what motorweek is for, and 5th gear. Oops, 5th gear got canceled. People watch Top Gear for the contrasting personalities and conflict between the hosts, not for honest reviews of the cars.

I thought they are having an all new season on History channel?

I also like to watch TG too. I watch Top Gear like 10 years ago, and I think it's true that they have been going downhill because of all the jokes has been told, all the challenges are same old same old. Before the show was great because they don't have a agenda for every episode, now tho they every eps are about review, news, stars, some some challenges that splits into two parts. I think it would be nice if they can bring back some fun things like the cool wall. That said, I still like the show because I like their video style, style meaning the effects and such.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
I thought they are having an all new season on History channel?

I also like to watch TG too. I watch Top Gear like 10 years ago, and I think it's true that they have been going downhill because of all the jokes has been told, all the challenges are same old same old. Before the show was great because they don't have a agenda for every episode, now tho they every eps are about review, news, stars, some some challenges that splits into two parts. I think it would be nice if they can bring back some fun things like the cool wall. That said, I still like the show because I like their video style, style meaning the effects and such.

5th gear on the history channel? Sweet! I like that show as well.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470

He's still holding all the cards and will get a nice payout if forced out. So, not only will the BBC lose its highest revenue generating show, they will also have to pay out a mighty sum to JC. Not to mention, the BBC only owns the rights to the Top Gear name and show format. There's no stopping them from starting a new show under a different name with a different format.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...if-forced-out-of-BBC-over-Top-Gear-gaffe.html

antoine@DriverMotorsport

Ready to race!
Imagine all the franchises worldwide that actually paid to have the rights..

Top Gear USA
Top Gear Australia
Top Gear Russia
Top Gear South Korea
Top Gear China which has just begun
Top Gear France which is about to start this month!!

Plus the Top Gear magazine which is also sold in so many languages...

The show itself is one of the most viewed show with 350 million views per week in 170 different countries.

Just the fact that they won't even show the episodes that were already filmed implies that this is personal, simply ridiculous..

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Damn the petition has only been up for 19 hours and its already over 300k signatures.