The Official Photography Thread!

oempls

Go Kart Champion
Two of my favorite images i've captured over the years:

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
So im just practicing my editing, I keep going back and forth. However, this one was my favorite for tonight. Im sure, ill open up the file again and change, again.

First Edit, AA_Working by BrianCerna, on Flickr

also...

I was driving down the shore, just hanging out with my friend. Seeing how the repairs are going in the coast. The sun was going down, and I just had to pull over, I had my dslr on me thankfully. But had to rush to try and at least get a glimpse of the sunset.

Sea Girt, NJ, Sunset. by BrianCerna, on Flickr

it was gorgeous.

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
22 VW Golf R
So im just practicing my editing, I keep going back and forth. However, this one was my favorite for tonight. Im sure, ill open up the file again and change, again.

First Edit, AA_Working by BrianCerna, on Flickr

The lighting and editing are good, but the crop is rough. Make sure when you compose a photo like this, not to cut off the arms. It makes the photo feel awkward.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Very pretty :thumbsup::word:. I got a big kick out of your statement "She just got her hair did" lol :bellyroll::lol::D I hope you were joking....

lol. Yes and no. :D She got her hair cut and colored (she is normally a dirty blonde) the day before cars and coffee. So, she was showing off her new color that morning. ;)

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
I thought Id go out and give it a shot. Im just picking photography up as a hobby so Im still learning my Canon.

Kinda disapointed with how this one came out. It could have been an awesome picture if the fence wasnt in the way.

Last edited:

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
22 VW Golf R
I thought Id go out and give it a shot. Im just picking photography up as a hobby so Im still learning my Canon.

Not bad for a beginner. You just need a better location to shoot. Also pick up a book called "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Petersen. That book helped me more than you can imagine!

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
Not bad for a beginner. You just need a better location to shoot. Also pick up a book called "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Petersen. That book helped me more than you can imagine!

Thanks man. Ill definitely check it out. The location wasnt great but it pictures were more of an afterthought. The roads over there are sick :iono:

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I am excited to hopefully contribute something to this thread soon. Me and my girlfriend picked up a Sony NEX-5R the other day and it is a lot of fun. I definitely need to sit down and do some proper reading on digital photography first though.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man. Ill definitely check it out. The location wasnt great but it pictures were more of an afterthought. The roads over there are sick :iono:

As Ron said, good start. Location actually isn't that bad, just need to work on composition and exposure. Just keep shooting and enjoy yourself! :thumbsup: