GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
i know absolutely nothing about ARs currently, which brands, which parts etc.

Probably be shooting one in the coming weeks :thumbsup:

http://palmettostatearmory.com
get a lower, a lower parts kit, and an upper with BCG and charging handle. (BCG=bolt carrier group).
lower is the only 'gun part' that has to be shipped to ffl
make sure your barrel is at least 16" OAL (14.7 with permanently attached muzzle device is cool too)

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
http://palmettostatearmory.com
get a lower, a lower parts kit, and an upper with BCG and charging handle. (BCG=bolt carrier group).
lower is the only 'gun part' that has to be shipped to ffl
make sure your barrel is at least 16" OAL (14.7 with permanently attached muzzle device is cool too)

Is building it really much cheaper than buying off the shelf? Looks to be about the same price without the guessing work of which parts to use

jwal

Ready to race!
Is building it really much cheaper than buying off the shelf? Looks to be about the same price without the guessing work of which parts to use

It depends what you want out of your gun. If you want a "basic" gun and do not care about the parts as much, buy a complete. But if you want to control what you get then build your own. I built my with great parts for better than what I could of bought it for.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Just got my first gun since graduating:

I also have an old Mossberg 500 20ga shotgun I got when I was 12 or 13 and a S&W M&P15-22 I got as a fun plinking gun back when I could still find 22lr regularly.

Looking to get a high caliber rifle next, either the good ol AR or maybe a Marlin 336 just to mix things up.

Just thought I'd share!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Way things r goings going, ar15 / "assault" rifles will be banned soon..

Meh. I doubt it, people have been about to ban them for as long as I've been into guns, and they're still around.

I definitely want to get one in the next year or so though, you know, just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered an HK VP9 for my last and final SSE.

Going to look at AR lowers tomorrow. Don't have time to build one but with the laws changing next month want to at least register a lower so I won't have to take the long gun test.

Any suggestions? I'm not wanting to break the bank with a Colt lower. Something good reliable that I can shoot a lot with.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Like a boss
oh wow. thats crazy.
Just ordered an HK VP9 for my last and final SSE.

Going to look at AR lowers tomorrow. Don't have time to build one but with the laws changing next month want to at least register a lower so I won't have to take the long gun test.

Any suggestions? I'm not wanting to break the bank with a Colt lower. Something good reliable that I can shoot a lot with.

where are these laws that you guys are talking about? Is this locally to you or something?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
where are these laws that you guys are talking about? Is this locally to you or something?

Majority of handguns are not "on roster" for sale unless law enforcement etc. Currently there is a Single Shot Exemption -SSE that allows many of those guns to be converted to a single shot platform. Pull the slide load a round, bang. Then repeat again manually. But once legally purchased as a single shot the firearm can be put back to normal functioning semi auto. Sold new it can only be a single shot.

Things like Gen 4 Glocks, XDm (not regular XD) pretty much anything cool is off roster. The panic that most Cali people are going through is 2015 there will no longer be this exemption. Everyone is trying to do their SSE now but of course Cali only allows one purchase per 30 days. My last purchase expires 3pm on the 31st. So I have that VP9 waiting at the shop the second my 30 clears.

I'm not the best at gun laws but that is the general idea of things as I know it.