GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Off-Topic Chat Thread

DAS_STIG

Banned
sure VW can make a golf RS... but who is going to pay upwards of 45-50k for a golf?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
sure VW can make a golf RS... but who is going to pay upwards of 45-50k for a golf?

Only really really dedicated enthusiasts.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Its always a great IDEA.....but when put into practice and slap a little reality in there...there's much better money that could be spent.

However, 2.5T + Stage 3 on a Golf R platform would not only be NUTS, but would require some serious stability mods.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Its always a great IDEA.....but when put into practice and slap a little reality in there...there's much better money that could be spent.

However, 2.5T + Stage 3 on a Golf R platform would not only be NUTS, but would require some serious stability mods.

if you want that on a golf R platform, just get the TT-RS. it is basically the same platform with all those extra stability mods already thrown in. plus better weight distribution with the use of aluminum.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
if you want that on a golf R platform, just get the TT-RS. it is basically the same platform with all those extra stability mods already thrown in. plus better weight distribution with the use of aluminum.

Exactly. There are much better components that make it up. Plus, I like the look of it better :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
grambles random question: you ever look into building a locost (lotus 7)?

Not really. Sounds enticing though....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
indeed... been thinking about it as a winter project... all summer lol.

Hahah nice. How much do those things run?

DAS_STIG

Banned
whatever you want it to run. it's a build yourself, but you'll need a RWD donor. figure $1000 for a wrecked donor car, $500 for a decent welder... i think another $1000 for metal other bits and pieces. probably $2500 is my guesstimate for a decent build.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
whatever you want it to run. it's a build yourself, but you'll need a RWD donor. figure $1000 for a wrecked donor car, $500 for a decent welder... i think another $1000 for metal other bits and pieces. probably $2500 is my guesstimate for a decent build.

I took a look into it, its looks like a fun build!