GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
as stated in a another thread i hope the STI gets a variant of FA engine soon

would be cool..

although the broken bracket at firewall which holds the pitch mount is really getting out of hand. tons of people are having the firewall bracket break because the engine/trans mounts are too soft. and subaru is denying claims in many cases, even though it is a case of weak factory mounts.

in particular, a way to cause this damage sooner is to just install an upgraded pitchstop mount like Perrin, while not touching the other mounts. This puts even more strain on the firewall bracket and breaks it sooner. we are learning, do all the mounts... or do none.

i had a couple different pitchstop mounts installed for a short while, but i removed them as soon as all this started happening.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
would be cool..

although the broken bracket at firewall which holds the pitch mount is really getting out of hand. tons of people are having the firewall bracket break because the engine/trans mounts are too soft. and subaru is denying claims in many cases, even though it is a case of weak factory mounts.

in particular, a way to cause this damage sooner is to just install an upgraded pitchstop mount like Perrin, while not touching the other mounts. This puts even more strain on the firewall bracket and breaks it sooner. we are learning, do all the mounts... or do none.

i had a couple different pitchstop mounts installed for a short while, but i removed them as soon as all this started happening.

This is why I'm tempted to do all Group N mounts. Both engine mounts, transmission mount and pitch mount. Either that or I'll leave everything stock and just get the Perrin Transmission mount. I'm hearing great reviews about it.

Although I really would hate to add any sort of NVH. Coming from a GTI with full mounts, I'd hate to go back to sitting in a vibrating bed of rocks.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
This is why I'm tempted to do all Group N mounts. Both engine mounts, transmission mount and pitch mount. Either that or I'll leave everything stock and just get the Perrin Transmission mount. I'm hearing great reviews about it.

Although I really would hate to add any sort of NVH. Coming from a GTI with full mounts, I'd hate to go back to sitting in a vibrating bed of rocks.

ya my WRX has more rattles than my GTI ever did, even without mounts. and the engine mount job is a huge pain also, which is why I'm trying to avoid it.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Just from seeing your Group N transmission mount install vid I had to order one. The difference between flex in those mounts is ridiculous! Can't wait to see your driving impressions.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Just from seeing your Group N transmission mount install vid I had to order one. The difference between flex in those mounts is ridiculous! Can't wait to see your driving impressions.

dood its a killer mod. the feeling is like adding a unibrace UB on a GTI, but at least twice the feel and difference in solid planted driveability.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
dood its a killer mod. the feeling is like adding a unibrace UB on a GTI, but at least twice the feel and difference in solid planted driveability.

Most excellent! I take it any added NVH was not a bother at all too you?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
i recorded a 2 min first impressions vid this morning, posting tonight

Just watched your video... about the two diff part numbers, I actually bought the 020 mount per Subispeed... I hope it's right. We'll find out soon.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Just watched your video... about the two diff part numbers, I actually bought the 020 mount per Subispeed... I hope it's right. We'll find out soon.

yours is the right one. i took mine off so i can add a spacer or just buy the right one.

as you saw in my video a few mins ago.. my new mount was 1/4" shorter than the stock one. i suppose i want it perfect.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
yours is the right one. i took mine off so i can add a spacer or just buy the right one.

as you saw in my video a few mins ago.. my new mount was 1/4" shorter than the stock one. i suppose i want it perfect.

Gotcha, glad I got the right one then, it makes sense now why Perrin includes spacers with their's so that it is universal.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Gotcha, glad I got the right one then, it makes sense now why Perrin includes spacers with their's so that it is universal.

i really think ill just make my own 1/4" spacer for it. will only cost $10 instead of spending another $80 + trying to sell the old one.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
dang.... haven't been here in almost 2 months.. made my longest video ever last night.. my 2nd attempt at installing vinyl on a very tricky curved surface. the 1st attempt video was a failure and i ripped it off.